Now What? (Hackintosh)

Hi! I know, I know, I have been making a bunch of threads on this, but they keep dying. :/

I finally got My Hack to work and give me everything I need on my USB, but can't find the motherboard dmg for my motherboard. Do I need this?

What do I do now? I am dual booting, so should I just unplug my other drives and yolo OS X onto the empty one?

Thanks.

With the modern Gigabyte Z77 and up UEFI motherboards you normally don't need an DSDT for it. Just install the kexts for your hardware using multibeast once you have it booting directly to OS X without a bootstick. 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

With the modern Gigabyte Z77 and up UEFI motherboards you normally don't need an DSDT for it. Just install the kexts for your hardware using multibeast once you have it booting directly to OS X without a bootstick. 

Should I just follow the rest of Linus's tutorial without the DMG and get that later? (or Unibeast)

So basically just unplug my other drives, install OS X per the tutorial, then get multibeast and a bootloader?

So basically just unplug my other drives, install OS X per the tutorial, then get multibeast and a bootloader?

This would surely work. It's not a bad way.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Alright then! I will install OS X like the tutorial says and get back to you!

Yeah, just follow it through. You'll be okay.

But, good luck anyways!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Alright then! I will install OS X like the tutorial says and get back to you!

Complete the installation on your drive using your bootstick. Then boot into your fresh installation, install your bootloader so it can boot on its own and then install kexts. Restart. You should be golden...in theory anyways. Things don't always go according to plan. So I wish you luck! 

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K | Case: Bitfenix Prodigy | Motherboard: GA-H61N-USB3 | RAM: Corsair 8GB 1333 MHz Video CardEVGA GTX 660 Superclocked 2GB DDR5

Power Supply: Corsair CX 430 | SSD: Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: 2X Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm | Monitor Asus PB238Q & Asus PB278Q

Mouse: Lenovo N50 | Keyboard: Apple Pro Keyboard | Operating Systems: Hackintosh OS X 10.8.5 & Windows 8.1

Complete the installation on your drive using your bootstick. Then boot into your fresh installation, install your bootloader so it can boot on its own and then install kexts. Restart. You should be golden...in theory anyways. Things don't always go according to plan. So I wish you luck!

Yeah, just follow it through. You'll be okay.

But, good luck anyways!

It's stuck here:

post-43539-13978862953413_thumb.jpg

What step are you on exactly, and what tools did you use.

What step are you on exactly

I just entered:

-v ncpi=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No and hit enter.

I just used the USB as a boot drive and followed the steps. Should I just restart the process?

I just entered:

-v ncpi=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=No and hit enter.

okay so have you finished the installation and now you are trying to boot into your installation? correct? Also, I highly recommend using the Unibeast and Multibeast solution, and NOT what Linus' video detailed. I have never heard of those tools before and I have been on the Hackintosh scene for over 2 years. 

okay so have you finished the installation and now you are trying to boot into your installation? correct? Also, I highly recommend using the Unibeast and Multibeast solution, and NOT what Linus' video detailed. I have never heard of those tools before and I have been on the Hackintosh scene for over 2 years. 

I have not installed, this is before that step.

How would I do that?

I have not installed.

How would I do that?

go to http://www.tonymacx86.com make an account and download Unibeast first. It allows you to make a bootable USB drive that you can do your install from. Download multibeast to install your bootloader and kexts after you completed the installation.This is a very easy to follow guide and it will get you up and running very quickly  http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I'm going to assume you are using the hardware in you sig. It looks like it should be no problem at all to get a hack running on it. It's always worth a search on the forum over there because there's tons of builds with that board you have and if there are any issues with it they have a solution on those forums. 

go to http://www.tonymacx86.com make an account and download Unibeast first. It allows you to make a bootable USB drive that you can do your install from. Download multibeast to install your bootloader and kexts after you completed the installation.This is a very easy to follow guide and it will get you up and running very quickly  http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I'm going to assume you are using the hardware in you sig. It looks like it should be no problem at all to get a hack running on it. It's always worth a search on the forum over there because there's tons of builds with that board you have and if there are any issues with it they have a solution on those forums. 

So I should completely erase my USB and do that method?

I just downloaded both programs.

So I should completely erase my USB and do that method?

Personally, I would. I just know that this method will absolutely work for you, and if you have any problems with the process or stability issues the resources are available to you in that forum. 

Personally, I would. I just know that this method will absolutely work for you, and if you have any problems with the process or stability issues the resources are available to you in that forum. 

Alrighty!

I will try it and get back to you with question etc :D

Alrighty!

I will try it and get back to you with question etc :D

Good Luck  ;)

Just follow the guide I linked, with your hardware it should be an exact step:by:step solution. 

With the 7xx series graphics cards they should work natively so you shouldn't need any special kext for graphics. Just pick what the guide shows and go from there. 

Good Luck ;)

Just follow the guide I linked, with your hardware it should be an exact step:by:step solution.

With the 7xx series graphics cards they should work natively so you shouldn't need any special kext for graphics. Just pick what the guide shows and go from there.

It worked :D

Thank you so much!!

Now what do I install to be able to choose what OS I boot into?

It worked :D

Thank you so much!!

Now what do I install to be able to choose what OS I boot into?

You don't need to install anything. Just make sure the drive with OS X on it is first in your boot priority and when the boot loader (chimera or chameleon) is loading OS X you can press any key to get options to which OS you would like to boot into such as your Windows drive. ( I assume you installed OS X on a separate drive and not a partition on your windows drive) this can cause issues. http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

You don't need to install anything. Just make sure the drive with OS X on it is first in your boot priority and when the boot loader (chimera or chameleon) is loading OS X you can press any key to get options to which OS you would like to boot into such as your Windows drive. ( I assume you installed OS X on a separate drive and not a partition on your windows drive) this can cause issues. http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

I'll make the changes and get back to you :D

Was your windows drive ever touched by any OSX files or the OS X bootloader? 

Nope. I downloaded and installed everything on one drive and then plugged in the Windows drive, configured the BIOS, and that happened.

Was your windows drive ever touched by any OSX files or the OS X bootloader?