Recently Hacked

Peacefulwarrior
Go to solution Solved by Peacefulwarrior,

Welp, just found out this is a bug when joining a garry's mod. A malware. Only way of fixing it is reinstalling gmod or deleting specific dl content.

Hey LTT community,

So I was recently hacked while playing a game on Steam (Garry's mod) and suddenly my controls are frozen and im spamming messages to everyone in the game, more messages to all my steam friends and Teamspeak.Also, for more hilarity, there was a picture of an asain kid frozen in the middle of my screen. So i disconnected my modem, ran several malware scans and checked for any backdoors. After calling my ISP, I changed my ip address and put up all the firewalls, changing passwords on modem and router and setting their firewall up (I had it down for a while to host games). After taking all of these measures and steps, is there anything else I should do?

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

Well if it was a java drive-by your just going to have to reinstall windows as java drive-by's are still FUD so no anti-virus can detect it.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Was the picture of the asian my profile picture? if it was, I think I hacked you :(

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Was the picture of the asian my profile picture? if it was, I think I hacked you :(

AWKWARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Well if it was a java drive-by your just going to have to reinstall windows as java drive-by's are still FUD so no anti-virus can detect it.

I can confirm that only my steam was affected. Named was changed and such. (friends on steam were also in Teamspeak and I thought they were affected as well)

Nope, but hilarious nonetheless. The picture was of asian descent and small with him giving a thumbs up.

Da Rig : Mobo: Asus M5A97-r2.0 | Cpu: FX-8320 (4.1ghz) Stock cooler | Gpu: Sapphire R9 290 | RAM: 16GB Patriot Intel Extreme (1600mhz...for now >:]) | PSU: Antec 620w continuous | SSD: Corsair Force 60gb (boot) | HDD: WD 500GB 7200rpm  WD Blue 1TB | OS: WIndows 7 Ultimate 64-bit |

Welp, just found out this is a bug when joining a garry's mod. A malware. Only way of fixing it is reinstalling gmod or deleting specific dl content.

I can confirm that only my steam was affected. Named was changed and such. (friends on steam were also in Teamspeak and I thought they were affected as well)

I highly recommend fully uninstalling and deleting any files that has to do with java, I'd recommend using Revo unistaller or a similar program then run CCleaner then reinstall Java.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!