Lights For Under Desk

Snapy1

Okay so I want some lights I could put under a desk, the desk it about 5ft in length.... It doesnt have to be a strip, but I would like something flat, ultra slim. 

LED strips are your best bet. 5M lengths, 300 LED density. Make sure you get a control unit and proper power adapter (I say proper because you need to match voltage and make sure it can deliver enough current [i think mine is something like 6A]). I got like 60 feet of RGB waterproof strip, 2 control units & remotes, and 2 power adapters for around $60. Found my stuff on Amazon.ca. You can probably find them cheaper on Amazon.com (if that's your region). They're also all over Ebay (or at least were when I ordered).

LED strips are your best bet. 5M lengths, 300 LED density. Make sure you get a control unit and proper power adapter (I say proper because you need to match voltage and make sure it can deliver enough current [i think mine is something like 6A]). I got like 60 feet of RGB waterproof strip, 2 control units & remotes, and 2 power adapters for around $60. Found my stuff on Amazon.ca. You can probably find them cheaper on Amazon.com (if that's your region). They're also all over Ebay (or at least were when I ordered).

But what would I do with the extra length, its not like you can cut them. 

Yes.

Yes you can.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ASHQQKI/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cut to length and connect it up, I have this exact kit, works wonders, you'll need better adhesive though since none come with proper M3 adhesive.  Works great, I've been using the extra leds in builds, I custom make a strip and hook it up to a molex pass through, I should make a tutorial...

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

yes you can

EDIT: derp somebody posted the same exact thing a second before me lol

i have some led lights and i also have a video of them 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER

As others have mentioned, you absolutely CAN cut them. Every 3 LEDs actually. You can cut them as many times as you want (down to every 3 LEDs as I mentioned) and power any length you'd like to. I've still got around 45 feet of the stuff lying around actually. Bought a bunch because of how insanely cheap it was compared to something like bitfenix alchemy strips which I was originally looking at purchasing (and they're RGB!)