Google Nexus 7 (2013)

Enneikay

I want to buy a tablet basically to replace my iPod which is my "mobile youtube and chat device" since it's now old and slow as hell to the point sometimes it lags when typing for a whole minute and you want to throw it out the window.

My country absolutely sucks when it comes to technology and dear god tablets are overpriced...

I found Nexus 7 (2013 one) from $3999 to $4600 (around 399 to 460usd depending if it's 16gb or 32gb), every other tablet is either apparently kinda crappy, or an iPad (and ipads are pretty much like 1000usd+ so no thank you)

I also read about rumours of the Nexus 8 coming out and that it'd be 299usd, but following my country's "logic" (aka, lack of) it'd be 700usd or more here (and I'd say I'm 120% sure of this sadly...)

My question is: Is Google Nexus 7 (2013) a good tablet, and do you think it'll last long enough without being considered "old and horribly outdated"?

My main uses for it will probably be YouTube, watching films/tv shows, light web browsing, skype/hangouts chat, and probably some "tablet gaming", though I don't mind if it's not the best gaming tablet in the universe.

Although tablets are overpriced as I mentioned, you're free to recommend me other tablets (if possible 7 inch ones since 10inch ones are probably out of my budget) and I'll see if I can find them for a somewhat acceptable price. 

Uh it's a pretty good tablet for the money, you get a 1080p screen, decent hardware, and fast updates. If you really can't wait then you should get it now, if you can wait then you should wait until they reveal the nexus 8.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

The thing is with android is that you most likely get to choose whether or not to update to the latest OS, therefore eliminating lag. The nexus 7 is capable of playing movies and Skype, so I say go for it.

Comb it with a brick

I have one and it's super badass, it's super fast and has an amazing screen

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Uh it's a pretty good tablet for the money, you get a 1080p screen, decent hardware, and fast updates. If you really can't wait then you should get it now, if you can wait then you should wait until they reveal the nexus 8.

*1920x1200

My question is: Is Google Nexus 7 (2013) a good tablet, and do you think it'll last long enough without being considered "old and horribly outdated"?

just to answer this question, the old galaxy nexus, original nexus 7, nexus 10, and all the other nexus devices all still get the latest updates from google. And they have the most support for custom ROMs.

Can you order from a foreign site and get international shipping?

1200p

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I think the LG G pad Google play edition is nice option as well based on where you live or non Google play addition which more widely available but doesn't get the latest updates that quickly and LG software on it.    

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

Can you order from a foreign site and get international shipping?

Nope. And even if I could, my country's taxes would make me have to pay like almost 3x the price of whatever I buy so it ends up costing even more than the already overpriced ones here.

I think the LG G pad Google play edition is nice option as well based on where you live or non Google play addition which more widely available but doesn't get the latest updates that quickly and LG software on it.    

There doesn't seem to be any in my country D: And I literally just watched a video where they mentioned it as one of the best tablets.

What about the non Google play edition one.

The Asus UX305 has an Almighty Intel core M-5Y10 0.8GHZ, GPU Intel HD 5300 Windforce, SDD 120GB, Passively Cooled, 1920x1080 Matte Screen, An Fantastic ICEpower Audio Making my House Shake and Having more ports then a MacBook btw this not an advertisement.

What about the non Google play edition one.

I couldn't find ANY LG G pad :(

ANYTHING Nexus is usually amazing, even the older ones. Google does a great job of supporting them.

Nexus 7 is a great tablet. :)  It has a 1080p screen, for your YouTube-ing purposes, and is NOT incredibly slow. In fact it is one of the few tablets on the faster side. It is also not bulky, thick and heavy and all its power is stored in something thinner than a WD Red. Not something you find every day. B)

Gaming rig:

i5-4670k, H100i, MSI Z97 SLI, Vengeance DDR3-1600 2*4GB, 840 EVO 250GB, Barracuda 1TB, GTX 780 Ti, 450D, CX750, VG248QE

Workstation:

Xeon E3-1231 v3, NH-U14S, Asus Z97-PRO, Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 2*8GB, 840 EVO 250GB, 2*WD Red 2TB (RAID 0), GTX 780 Ti, Define R4, AX760, VS229H-P