Corsair psu mod

Hello, i have Corsair GS700 in my red themed build and as you might guess i hate the blue color of the rim(the plastic exchangable piece), the problem is that its impossible to get the Corsair Trim set in Europe(atleast i havent found it anywhere else then Corsair store which is not shiping in Czech and tbh i aint paing 70bucks for shiping 10dollar part anyways :( )

So to my question, i want to spray paint the thing, but iam wondering which red color (RAL3000,RAL3028 etc) will be the closest to match the red rings on SP120 fans ?

I have the feeling that with the lighning i have(red leds)i can use almost any red color and be done cause the LEDs kinda change the colors anyway, but iam considering using white leds which might be a problem if i pick the wrong red.

anyways thanks for the help, i might post some pics in the build log forum when iam done if you are interested, still need to fix few things to be done with it for some time :P

Enforced Evolution - Red/Black Beast machine from "gheto" :) All 120 images

Because your painting plastic I'd recommend using vinyl dye, tek syndicate did I video on it and it works better on plastic and actually soaks into the material so it won't affect how it fits into the psu.

Hello, i have Corsair GS700 in my red themed build and as you might guess i hate the blue color of the rim(the plastic exchangable piece), the problem is that its impossible to get the Corsair Trim set in Europe(atleast i havent found it anywhere else then Corsair store which is not shiping in Czech and tbh i aint paing 70bucks for shiping 10dollar part anyways :( )

So to my question, i want to spray paint the thing, but iam wondering which red color (RAL3000,RAL3028 etc) will be the closest to match the red rings on SP120 fans ?

I have the feeling that with the lighning i have(red leds)i can use almost any red color and be done cause the LEDs kinda change the colors anyway, but iam considering using white leds which might be a problem if i pick the wrong red.

anyways thanks for the help, i might post some pics in the build log forum when iam done if you are interested, still need to fix few things to be done with it for some time :P

One of the best ways to match paint I still find is to just bring the part with you into the paint store and go through color swatches or for them to color match it for you but I prefer the latter since it's the machine isn't always perfect.

Just a side note be make sure to give the part a light sanding and a coat of primer before painting to ensure good adhesion.