Thermal compound on the side of the socket.

BloodWithIce

The other day, I removed my cpu from the socket and looked inside of it, I saw something grey, that looked like hard thermal paste. It's not inside the socket but here: 
post-54843-0-77777800-1397818089.jpg
Can I use anti static thin tweezers to grab that little thing and remove it? I haven't had any problems with my mobo or cpu since the last time I reapplied the thermal compound (it was a $2.50 silicon compound and it was really hard), so it's fine, but I would like to remove that little thing. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

I wouldn't bother touching it, it isnt causing issues and you may knock a cpu pin and bend it.

I wouldn't bother touching it, it isnt causing issues and you may knock a cpu pin and bend it.

Yeah, because it's stuck inside the plastic casing, not on the pcb or inside the pins. 

SuperNova: CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k @4.6 GPU: Sapphire R290 Tri-x @1200, @1350, MOBO: MSI Z87 G45 Gaming, RAM: 16Gb HyperX Fury White @1866, PSU: CORSAIR TX750M, CASE: Arc Midi R2, SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD, 
COOLING:
H100i w/ 2x Nb eLoop 800rpm

Check out my build log Black Dawn Check out my build log Supernova

i have spilled thermal paste inside my socket and it works fine

CPU: Intel core i7-4770 --- CPU Cooler: Corsair H105 --- GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix --- MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero --- RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB

Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D --- PSU: Corsair AX860i --- SSD: Seagate 120GB --- HDD: Seagate 2TB + Toshiba 1TB --- ODD: Asus External DVD-R

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 Ultimate --- Mouse: Logitech G602 --- Mousepad: Corsair Vengeance MM600 --- Monitor: LG 29UM65