PC not POSTing

DIV1D3

Hello, I'm have a problem with my PC not POSTing when I have my GPU installed. I have a Gigabyte R9 280X, G3220, ASRock Z87 Killer, Kingston ValueRAM and a Silverstone Strider Essential Gold 700W. All of the fans start and the keyboard (wired) and mouse (wireless) get power. The monitor doesn't display anything, and thus I can't do anything. I've tried another monitor and it was connected via DVI but still the same outcome. 

This is meant to be a mining rig (with another 2 280Xs) but I'm having constant problems with it. I'm about to update the drivers for my CPU but I doubt that is the cause of the problem. Thanks if you help me out. 

Cheers!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

And Java doesn't want to work so I can't get the driver update for my CPU. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

And Java doesn't want to work so I can't get the driver update for my CPU. 

a cpu does not require drivers only the chipset lan and audio do and in some cases usb3.0 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

a cpu does not require drivers only the chipset lan and audio do and in some cases usb3.0 

-_-

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Processors&ProductLine=Desktop&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Pentium%C2%AE+Processor+for+Desktop&ProdId=2841&LineId=3004&FamilyId=24

So there isn't a driver for your CPU? Cause Intel says there is. 

im sorry if i offend you but im already mad THAT IS THE GPU DRIVER DUUUUUUUH

-Adolf Hitler 

im sorry if i offend you but im already mad THAT IS THE GPU DRIVER DUUUUUUUH

iGPU, in the CPU. Graphics driver for the CPU. 

iGPU, in the CPU. Graphics driver for the CPU. 

as far as i know you dont need java to download anything but if its realy causing trouble i will try to upload the driver to some file sharing site 

-Adolf Hitler 

as far as i know you dont need java to download anything but if its realy causing trouble i will try to upload the driver to some file sharing site 

I'd like that, you need it as Intel needs to detect your CPU before you can download it. Idk why, I can easily press a download button myself. 

Hello, I'm have a problem with my PC not POSTing when I have my GPU installed. I have a Gigabyte R9 280X, G3220, ASRock Z87 Killer, Kingston ValueRAM and a Silverstone Strider Essential Gold 700W. All of the fans start and the keyboard (wired) and mouse (wireless) get power. The monitor doesn't display anything, and thus I can't do anything. I've tried another monitor and it was connected via DVI but still the same outcome. 

This is meant to be a mining rig (with another 2 280Xs) but I'm having constant problems with it. I'm about to update the drivers for my CPU but I doubt that is the cause of the problem. Thanks if you help me out. 

Cheers!

have you tried using the integrated graphics? It's not a fix but if they work it rules out alot of potential issues.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I'd like that, you need it as Intel needs to detect your CPU before you can download it. Idk why, I can easily press a download button myself. 

the g3220 is haswell i asume so i think this is the one i think you need https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714〈=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09 but as far as i know when you run updates you will see the display driver under optional 

-Adolf Hitler 

have you tried using the integrated graphics? It's not a fix but if they work it rules out alot of potential issues.

Yes of course I have. 

the g3220 is haswell i asume so i think this is the one i think you need https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714〈=eng&OSVersion=Windows%208.1%2C%2064-bit*&DownloadType=%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09%09Drivers%0A%09%09%09%09%09%09 but as far as i know when you run updates you will see the display driver under optional 

Thanks, before it was just re-directing me to the auto detection hardware thingy that uses Java, which isn't installing because I need Java to install Java, really stupid. I changed the RAM and HDD over to that of my gaming set up but I'll switch em back now. I got it to POST after <5 times and like the 3rd time I plugged the HDMI out into the 280X it finally spit out an image. 

K so I got it all running with two of the 280Xs in, now I'll try with all three with the risers. I'm think the risers were what messed it all up in the first place, Idk tho. 

Edit: K so I've got two of them running with the risers, the 1x to 16x risers make the 280X run at 100% fan speed. The risers are making it really hard to do anything as they won't show up in MSI Afterburner, jeezas.

@RainColt @legopc

So I've discovered that any PCI-E riser I use makes the GPU it connected to not work properly. The fans work and it gets warm but it doesn't display video and it doesn't come up in MSI Afterburner and HWMonitor. Buttttt in ASRock F-Stream Utility it is shown, so Idk. Here's a pic of the Hardware section thing of F-Stream. 

Troubleshooting.png

The bottom 16x slot is the one using the riser, but the top one is not and is what I'm running on. 

@RainColt @legopc

So I've discovered that any PCI-E riser I use makes the GPU it connected to not work properly. The fans work and it gets warm but it doesn't display video and it doesn't come up in MSI Afterburner and HWMonitor. Buttttt in ASRock F-Stream Utility it is shown, so Idk. Here's a pic of the Hardware section thing of F-Stream. 

The bottom 16x slot is the one using the riser, but the top one is not and is what I'm running on. 

so all working now? 

-Adolf Hitler 

so all working now? 

Not really I can't get the cards to word with the risers, I can't even have all three of them on the board at the same time without the risers. 

For some reason when the GPU is on a riser it starts and all but I can't use it 

Not really I can't get the cards to word with the risers, I can't even have all three of them on the board at the same time without the risers. 

For some reason when the GPU is on a riser it starts and all but I can't use it 

have you tried diferent risers and are you using powerd ones 

-Adolf Hitler 

have you tried diferent risers and are you using powerd ones 

Yep, tried 3, 2 1x and a 16x. The are all powered and I've tried using it with and without the molex plugged in. 

Yep, tried 3, 2 1x and a 16x. The are all powered and I've tried using it with and without the molex plugged in. 

in that case shit mobo? 

-Adolf Hitler 

in that case shit mobo?

I highly doubt it, they work perfectly fine without the risers, I want to know why any of my risers don't work. Like c'mon I have 6 of them and they all don't work?!?!

@legopc 

Gots it working. Someone from the vertcoinminig reddit advised me to change the PCI-E slot to Gen 2 and sure enough it works now. Though I can't use my 1x to 16x risers (can't change the slot gen for the 1x ones) and I only have 2 16x risers :S. Andddd I still can only get my 280Xs at 220KH/s, :(

@legopc 

Gots it working. Someone from the vertcoinminig reddit advised me to change the PCI-E slot to Gen 2 and sure enough it works now. Though I can't use my 1x to 16x risers (can't change the slot gen for the 1x ones) and I only have 2 16x risers :S. Andddd I still can only get my 280Xs at 220KH/s, :(

ah good to hear :D 

-Adolf Hitler