DisplayPort 1.2a support

dragoon20005

Linus mentioned about AMD FreeSync needs DisplayPort 1.2a standards in the Samsung 4K monitor

Are there monitors which currently support DP1.2a?

And technically will the current Rx 200 series GPU have support for DisplayPort 1.2a or I will have to get newer hardware.

These are the two questions will need some enlightenment

Thanks

Regards

Dragoon20005

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

no

nothing will have 1.2a for a wile

dont hold your breath

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

no

no for both?

lets say I got a Asus R9 270X DCUII Top 2GB, it only states it has displayport but didn't mentioned about the version it using so I presume its DP ver 1.2

so for DP1.2a, I need a new GPU?

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

no for both?

lets say I got a Asus R9 270X DCUII Top 2GB, it only states it has displayport but didn't mentioned about the version it using so I presume its DP ver 1.2

so for DP1.2a, I need a new GPU?

no for both

u need a new GPU

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

funny that AMD FreeSync still needs new hardware even though it suppose to be a software based solution to nVidia's hardware based G-Sync

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that it was only the connection - DP1.2a - that needed to be different for free sync to work, as they want to make it a standard in the connection.