Which Headphone has the better sound stage/Accurate

MrPanda

Im looking to buy a headphone for gaming only cs. as you know cs players really need a good headphone, im currently using Qc15 (Please dont say Bose is shit unless you own them for at least few month).

Right know im deciding which one i should get, the AKG 701 or HD598 and the AD900x as the tittle says which Headphone has the better sound stage/Accurate . I personally dont own any open headphone so i dont know how a good sound stage should sound like. Im going to run the headphones on my motherboard(maximums extreme vi) alone.

Thank you :D

Go for steelseries 9h...as u play cs... :)...akg r for studio purposes and with 9h u can actually identify from which part of the map the fire or blast came from... 

Im looking to buy a headphone for gaming only cs. as you know cs players really need a good headphone, im currently using Qc15 (Please dont say Bose is shit unless you own them for at least few month).

Right know im deciding which one i should get, the AKG 701 or HD598 and the AD900x as the tittle says which Headphone has the better sound stage/Accurate . I personally dont own any open headphone so i dont know how a good sound stage should sound like. Im going to run the headphones on my motherboard(maximums extreme vi) alone.

Thank you :D

out of that I'd probably pick the AD900X

AD700's are probably still the widest things I've ever heard 

Go for steelseries 9h...as u play cs... :)

that's a peripheral, this is audio.

that's a peripheral, this is audio.

peripheral                                 audio

GDxRu6R.png?1O7f6KGH.jpg?1

Error: 410

Go for steelseries 9h...as u play cs... :)...akg r for studio purposes and with 9h u can actually identify from which part of the map the fire or blast came from... 

9H are junk compared to the headphones listed above.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

That's a headset, not headphones

Get the 598s or AD900x

i think for games like cs, 2 way communication is required sometimes... 

i think for games like cs, 2 way communication is required sometimes... 

Then clip on a mic?  Hello?

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Then clip on a mic?  Hello?

ok..that can be done too...but still i suggested steelseries just bcoz he said he wants for cs...other headphones r obviously great in terms of sound quality...i m just saying..

AD700X's got a nice wide soundstage, K701's are very open, but not quite as wide per say. Haven't tried the HD500 series personally.

Were you to consider the AKG's, I'd suggest you look at the K612 Pro instead. Little bit cheaper, a tad more bass, and the higher are almost just as good.

thank you guys for your help :D Im going to go for a AD900X when they are in stock if not, then im going to get the HD598 :D and yes i do have a ATR2500 as my dedicated mic.

AD700X's got a nice wide soundstage, K701's are very open, but not quite as wide per say. Haven't tried the HD500 series personally.

Were you to consider the AKG's, I'd suggest you look at the K612 Pro instead. Little bit cheaper, a tad more bass, and the higher are almost just as good.

I personally think the 500 series is not as wide as the Pioneer SE-A1000 if that helps that comparison. 

Alright guys i got the HD598 the difference is real :o The sound stage compared to the QC15 is crazy. Just by listening to music everything feels light and inside of your head. I can stand behind the HD598 if you want a good sound stage headphone.

Alright guys i got the HD598 the difference is real :o The sound stage compared to the QC15 is crazy. Just by listening to music everything feels light and inside of your head. I can stand behind the HD598 if you want a good sound stage headphone.

Tried the HD598 today in a headphone store. It's not as wide and dimensional as the AD700 (I brought my AD700 to compare them on the spot, from same source/song). Even the Hifiman HE400 doesn't sound as wide as the AD700, but of course sounds better. The AD700 has really really wide dimensional soundstage

Tried the HD598 today in a headphone store. It's not as wide and dimensional as the AD700 (I brought my AD700 to compare them on the spot, from same source/song). Even the Hifiman HE400 doesn't sound as wide as the AD700, but of course sounds better. The AD700 has really really wide dimensional soundstage

I have been thinking of moving on and getting something other than my old ad700's but its nice to hear that the rusty and trusty old pair still holds up despite the stiff competition 

my mantra of liking the gear you have and the new years resolution of not purchasing any new headphones this year will stand yet a while longer. 

I have been thinking of moving on and getting something other than my old ad700's but its nice to hear that the rusty and trusty old pair still holds up despite the stiff competition 

my mantra of liking the gear you have and the new years resolution of not purchasing any new headphones this year will stand yet a while longer. 

The HE400 definitely sounds better. Just not as wide as the AD700. And the HE400 has been discontinued too. Giving way for the newer HE500 I guess.