Ultimate Hackintosh Workstation Build Guide

Yeah I tried that and it didn't work. Weird.

Try paste as plain text..

Yeah I tried that and it didn't work. Weird.

You broke your own forum  :D Good job mate.

EDIT - Also, why didn't you go for a 840 PRO series samsung SSD as there for 'enthusiasts'which is what the Mac Pro would cater for right?

Looks way better IMO.  Apart from the those bloody noctuas it is colour coded very nicely and with an NZXT water cooler on the GPU it would like sexay.  If you liked OSX then I reckon this would be the way to go. Got basically everything you need and want if you like to customize stuff and doesn't look like a rubbish bin. How great.  But damn, with all that worrying about parts, ill be good with linux or windows. Each to the own i guess.  I'd also like to see a couple of FirePros in there to see how acoustics go.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Make a video about your experience with OS X after using it for one week casually. Put your pictures and music from your iphone and back it up there. Or maybe try to get one of your slaves, *cough, I mean employees to try editing with it and then give their experience with using OS X instead of Windows.

How much is this baby worth?

"THE RED ARMY"

| INTEL i5 4690K | GIGABYTE Z97X GAMING 3 | XFX R9 390X | CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 4x2 8GB 1600Mhz | CORSAIR H80i | XFX XTR 650W | 1TB WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLUE | ADATA SP600 256GB | LOGITECH G502 | CORSAIR VENGEANCE 1400 | CORSAIR K70 MECHANICAL RED | NZXT S340 |

Not gonna lie.. This video felt a bit.. off. like it was missing something.

I'm not sure why but it felt a bit vague and lacking in content? Essentially it was just a build and slick's instructions to install OSX on it. Maybe it's just that I already know a little bit about this and didn't feel like I learned much?

Still a great looking build. :P

Intel Celeron 2.4Ghz - 16GB DDR4 RAM - 980 ti

text in OP unreadable in night theme

I'd like to see an iSwitched follow up by you and hear what Edzel, Brandon or Taran think about using OS X for work, since it performs better with multitasking and doesn't completely slow down under high load like Windows.

@Slick you dragg the .app file to the applications folder, not the shortcut.

Couple good articles to read regarding OS X and different OS's if anyone's interested in the differences between them.

Specs: i7-3770K | Asus R9 290X | 32GB DDR3 | GA-Z77-UD5H | RM 750x | Define R5 Arctic White | macOS 10.14.5 & Windows 10

@LinusTech

You make it sound like it is very difficult to build a hackintosh, although if you have an LGA1150/1155 motherboard from Gigabyte it is almost easier than installing Windows. Also almost any other LGA1150/1155 can be hackintoshed fairly easy.

Also graphics compatibility? flashing? special rev.? firmware problems?

BULLSHIT!

You don't even have to install ANY drivers (unlike with Windows) with MOST modern graphics cards

GPU support changing frequently?

Yeah, more and more GPUs are supported natively ...

------------------------------

I really don't get it. Why don't make a hackintosh guide the easy way (LGA 1150, Multibeast, etc.) which probably interest much more people? Why a X79 board?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

the SSD ad is wrong, it's Order now not pre-order now

I have no idea right now, but I'll look into Niresh and make a thread tomorrow or Saturday. Thanks!

Check out tonymacx86.com as well. They have a pretty good site when it comes to information on building a Hackintosh.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Do you need an intel CPU for hackintosh?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Do it

do a 30 day apple switched!!!

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

+1 for iSwitched. I'd like a focus on positive and negative differences and ux choices in general.

𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎𝚜 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚢 𝚌𝚘𝚘𝚕

What about the legality and licensing with this? IIRC, Apple states somewhere in the EULA that you can't install thier software on anything that isn't an Apple product. Is there a loophole in here that allows this?

@LinusTech  I'm feeling an iSwitched to OSX is needed :D

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

@LinusTech

You make it sound like it is very difficult to build a hackintosh, although if you have an LGA1150/1155 motherboard from Gigabyte it is almost easier than installing Windows. Also almost any other LGA1150/1155 can be hackintoshed fairly easy.

Also graphics compatibility? flashing? special rev.? firmware problems?

BULLSHIT!

You don't even have to install ANY drivers (unlike with Windows) with MOST modern graphics cards

GPU support changing frequently?

Yeah, more and more GPUs are supported natively ...

------------------------------

I really don't get it. Why don't make a hackintosh guide the easy way (LGA 1150, Multibeast, etc.) which probably interest much more people? Why a X79 board?

I agree on all but the last bit. The whole point of the video was to create a pc that is similar in parts and performance of the Mac Pro. Not how to create a general hackintosh, but a powerful one. Thats why the x79 board and all of the other stuff is included.

Intel i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H, Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB Windforce, 16GB G.Skill - NT 1600MHz, 250GB Samsung Evo SSD, 2x 1TB Seagate HDD, Corsair H100i CPU cooler w/Noctua Fans, 4x SP120, Fractal Design Define R4, LG W224T, Func MS-3, Apple Numeric Keyboard

-   BBR4 Hackintosh   - Server Rig

YES. Thank you Linus.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Fun fact for those who don't have a mac and would like to try this out. Find a VMWare image and run the VM. And them make the image on the USB drive using the Vmware. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

Do an iSwitched to OS X!

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

Wow. Had no idea it was that sorta difficult and long to make a Hackintosh.

Try the tools on tonymacx86. Way better. Like seriously, they have everything you need <3

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

id watch a an iSwitch review. great guide btw. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/