Can an Ipod run 250ohm headset

Almercenary

Title BUT.

More exactly, this headset off an Ipod nano, or do I need an amp.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-880-Pro-Headphones-250/dp/B001B1QENY/ref=sr_1_1?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1397788891&sr=1-1&keywords=beyerdynamic+dt880

Also I should be able to to run it with out an amp off my PC right?

If i need an Amp/Dac, what one should I get?  

Ohms are confusing. So is Flac.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

lolno.

My touch can barely run a 35 ohm headset. Granted it's an old ipod and there's probably some dust/gunk in the connector, but the same might be true of yours as well.

Intel core i5-3570k @ 3.4 GHz - Sapphire Radeon HD7870 Ghz OC Ed 1050/1250 - Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD - G.Skill 8 GB's DDR3-1600 MHz 

Asus Z77-A mobo - Windows 7 64 bit - Corsair raptor HS30 headset - Corsair CX600 600w PSU - CM hyper 212 EVO CPU cooler

It can run crysis.

lolno.

My touch can barely run a 35 ohm headset. Granted it's an old ipod and there's probably some dust/gunk in the connector, but the same might be true of yours as well.

How much would an AMp/Dac cost?My PCshould have enough power right?

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

It's not as simple as x impedance can't go loud enough unfortunately, for example sensitivity is also a factor. I would think an ipod would most likely need an amp, but your pc it really depends on the motherboard, the best thing you can do is try them then order the amp later. Order with a company with a good returns policy sorta thing.

For an amp I believe people have used the fii0 e7 with the dt 990's so you could possibly look into that.

It would think the headphones would either be so quite it would seem there not working or be so quite it would be basically un-lisenable (pretty sure that not a word, but you get the idea. LeL)
I know when I use mine with out the amp i have it max volume and it still seems as if it is soft.

For my headphones, I use what in my sig rig.
on the move i use my ipod classic and Fiio E11 Headphone Amplifier. works really well actually. even comes with a rubber band thing to hold the two together.

pic for reference.
fiio-e11-black-with-player.jpg

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

If you're planning to play flac on an ipod you'll need to convert it to alac. (probably already know)

On my old ipod touch 2nd gen It could barely run a pair of 64ohm headphones (turned volume up all the way and was average volume)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

It's not as simple as x impedance can't go loud enough unfortunately, for example sensitivity is also a factor. I would think an ipod would most likely need an amp, but your pc it really depends on the motherboard, the best thing you can do is try them then order the amp later. Order with a company with a good returns policy sorta thing.

For an amp I believe people have used the fii0 e7 with the dt 990's so you could possibly look into that.

Now I see the picture, its more for the PC side of things, but also would be nice to have it go with my ipod.

Sooo is200ohms worth it. Should I just use the normal 30-100ohms like in custom one pros or ATH-M50's? I mainly use them for music and some games.

It would think the headphones would either be so quite it would seem there not working or be so quite it would be basically un-lisenable (pretty sure that not a word, but you get the idea. LeL)

I know when I use mine with out the amp i have it max volume and it still seems as if it is soft.

For my headphones, I use what in my sig rig.

on the move i use my ipod classic and Fiio E11 Headphone Amplifier. works really well actually. even comes with a rubber band thing to hold the two together.

pic for reference.

fiio-e11-black-with-player.jpg

Wow, thats not that expensive. Ill look into it thanks.

If you're planning to play flac on an ipod you'll need to convert it to alac. (probably already know)

On my old ipod touch 2nd gen It could barely run a pair of 64ohm headphones (turned volume up all the way and was average volume)

Flac is a nightmare, especially when you only have 16gb of space on your ipod. 

Flac is a nightmare, especially when you only have 16gb of space on your ipod. 

haha yeah, 30mb per song is a bit too much

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

I don't see why not. I run my dt990 pros on my ipad and iphone just fine and they sound awesome.

Elsanna is love...

Elsanna is life...

Depends on how new the ipod is. I think the recent generations might be able to. 

Latest gen. 7th I think.

There are some application to play FLAC on apple mobile devices, if anybody interested in using FLAC (so no need to convert it to anything).  I'm using 'FLAC player.ipa'. But yeah, if you're music crazy, FLAC will quickly eat your internal memory space.

There are some application to play FLAC on apple mobile devices, if anybody interested in using FLAC (so no need to convert it to anything).  I'm using 'FLAC player.ipa'. But yeah, if you're music crazy, FLAC will quickly eat your internal memory space.

Its a nightmare, especially when you have 1500+ songs. Dunno if it is worth the sacrifice TBH

Its a nightmare, especially when you have 1500+ songs. Dunno if it is worth the sacrifice TBH

Proper way to find out is to have a good song (good recording/mastering) in a WAV format, then convert it to FLAC, and to MP3 (with the bitrate and size of your usual preference). Transfer them to your ipod, and listen to both. I've been wanting to try this, but always forgot :)

I'd imagine there's a slight nuance difference, but the real question is, is it worth the extra space or not.