Cherry MX Blues question

ShadehaterHD

Today I've bought my first mechanical keyboard, Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blues

What I want to ask the people that have mechanical keyboards as well, does every key on your keyboards sound the same? Because on mine, it varies a lot. Some keys have amazing clickyness and 2-4 others almost don't click at all.

Every key should sound the same.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Yes, if you just got it, they should all be the same. If not, take it back and exchange for a new one.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

They should all have the click.

"All key clicks are equal but some are more equal than others."

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

The clickyness should be pretty uniform across the keyboard. I'd return it to whatever store you bought it from for a replacement, or call/email whatever online retailer you bought it from.

Isnt anybody gonna say hi to him!!

WELCOME

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Yeah, that's what I thought
I'll return it today :)
Thank you ^_^

If I bottom my keys (Cherry MX Brown) out, they all sound slightly different. Even between boards with the same brown switch, I hear a difference. Is this difference you hear from bottoming out or a function the clicky switch? Blues should click. Try to not bottom out. I think some variation is normal.

No, it's not a difference when bottoming out.
Some keys literally just clack instead click

Yeah, I'd return it. Or talk with Corsair, they might be able to exchange it.

Another reason to hate blue switches!

I will give a more technical answer.

Each and every key on a mechanical keyboard will sound different. First even with machines and precise tolerances, each key will be a little different. One may have a housing that's a hundredth of a millimeter thicker changing the nature of the reverberations. One may be mounted slightly tghter increasing dampening. The position on the board/plate where it is mounted will damp slightly differently. Maybe halfway through making your batch of switches, they exhausted a box of springs and had to pop open new ones with a Hooke's constant 1% larger.

There are even stories about how blues on a cheap board, say a Black Widow  don't sound as crisp.

Should keys on the same board sound noticably different? Probably not but it's possible.  Should they sound very different. No.

Since it's new I would send the board back. Others might try to repair it but that becomes a complicated discussion.

keys with same size should be the same sound, unless it is a key with stabilizer, or different size key, but then, they just sound a bit different. 

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.

There is no key that sound the same, only sort of.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

So yeah, I explained the problem, showed the guy that my concerns were real and now, I have a great new Corsair K70 of which all keys are pretty much clicking nicely ^_^

I was offered a Razer Blackwidow 2013 as a replacement (policy of the store is to offer a replacement of higher value as well, if an item is 'DOA') but I liked the build quality of the K70 too much to change to a plastic keyboard  :D

Enjoy your new keyboard and welcome to the forums.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090