I cant get dirt showdown or dirt 3 to work

LOST TALE
Go to solution Solved by LOST TALE,

Problem solved, thought about sharing to help more :D

After an update dirt showdown seems to work, its probably because i would altab out of the 5 sec blackscreen. but after waiting it works.

Dirt 3: FIXED

A process starts then it disapears on task manager.

There is no action being displayed. Its like the button does nothing besides the loading icon on the cursor.

Fixed!

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

What OS are you running?

You tried it in compatibility mode?

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

What OS are you running?

You tried it in compatibility mode?

Im running windows 7 64bit. no I did not

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Verify integrity of game cache in on steam.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

I reinstalled too.

Verify integrity of game cache in on steam.

how?

how?

Rightclick-> properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of game cache.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Rightclick-> properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of game cache.

what if its not on steam?

what if its not on steam?

oh... I don't know then. What format is it?

My rigs

Spoiler

Did you pirate it?

wait for dirt 4 then. xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Did you pirate it?

Yeah :ph34r: should I continue or am I gonna get refused help?

We can do it by private chat box (private msgs)

Yeah :ph34r: should I continue or am I gonna get refused help?

We can do it by private chat box (private msgs)

This is probably not the best place to be asking. It's also pretty hard for people to diagnose your problem since its hard to tell whether its the game or your computer or something else.

This is probably not the best place to be asking. It's also pretty hard for people to diagnose your problem since its hard to tell whether its the game or your computer or something else.

Yeah no matter the place, unless some LTT, miracle. Usually when this kind of shit comes up its pretty much gameover.

Its silly.

I couldnt either the main fixes I found were reinstall windows but use 32bit. There were a couple other that I tired and none worked so I didnt look into any others that seemed like longshots.

I couldnt either the main fixes I found were reinstall windows but use 32bit. There were a couple other that I tired and none worked so I didnt look into any others that seemed like longshots.

Wait, you have the same problem with Dirt 3?

Check the web there are know in compatibilies wit Win7x64 for no good reason. Many suspect it has to do with DX11 but I cant even get in to force to DX9.

Wait, you have the same problem with Dirt 3?

The game wont even launch on my HTPC which runs Win7x64.

Check the web there are know in compatibilies wit Win7x64 for no good reason. Many suspect it has to do with DX11 but I cant even get in to force to DX9.

You got it by legit means?

You got it by legit means?

yes through humble bundle on steam

As far as i remember Dirt 3 needs GFWL (Games for Windows Live), update to the alst version, or, install hte version from steam that comes with the game (if it comes on steam).

Okay, I've had this problem before with alot of my games. It's a problem to do with Windows 7 64bit. Try right clicking and running as administrator, if that doesn't work then you may want to consider a dual boot with something like Windows 8. Bearing in mind 8.1 will be free soon enough. 

Winners don't do drugs, they make them

As far as i remember Dirt 3 needs GFWL (Games for Windows Live), update to the alst version, or, install hte version from steam that comes with the game (if it comes on steam).

yes it does. I have all of the prerequisites and it refuses to launch fully. its been a while so I dont exactly remember precisely what it did and what the error was but I did find numerous of the same thin on the net dealing with it.

Okay, I've had this problem before with alot of my games. It's a problem to do with Windows 7 64bit. Try right clicking and running as administrator, if that doesn't work then you may want to consider a dual boot with something like Windows 8. Bearing in mind 8.1 will be free soon enough.

That did work and 7 has very little problems with that. In 8 I have to many programs to run that way all the time due to how it handles a Admin vs the Administrator. Its closer to XP did it which is actually preferred the issue is that so many programs have been made for vista/7 were that was different and Admin=Administrator.

Already tried that before this thread