Star Citizen Question

Avcn42

So if I buy Aurora MR+, it means I already have the full game (when it releases), acess to all the "modules", and alpha/beta stages?

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

The one for 40USD you mean? That gets you the game plus beta and some creds, but not alpha access. I don't think you can't buy Alpha anymore with the packages, going through them here.

EDIT

Ah they sell an alpha pass for 5 bucks in the store that let's you have access to all modules if you already own the game.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

^^^^

Sir Roderick is correct. You will need to buy the Aurora MR+ Package for $40 and then an Arena Commander Pass for $5 to get access to the Alpha :)

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Ok, so that means I can download the hangar module after buying it and I'll hav acess to the dogfighting module when it comes out?

PC: 5600x @ 4.85GHz // RTX 3080 Eagle OC // 16GB Trident Z Neo  // Corsair RM750X // MSI B550M Mortar Wi-Fi // Noctua NH-D15S // Cooler Master NR400 // Samsung 50QN90A // Logitech G305 // Corsair K65 // Corsair Virtuoso //

Ok, so that means I can download the hangar module after buying it and I'll hav acess to the dogfighting module when it comes out?

Correct if you buy a package and the pass :)

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Actually, I think the $5 pass out right now is ONLY for the DFM (dogfighting module), not all the modules that will be released. 

Actually, I think the $5 pass out right now is ONLY for the DFM (dogfighting module), not all the modules that will be released. 

The Alpha is the DFM and the modules that are based around it like Planetside etc, with the pass you get all the modules up to the Beta, which is the Alpha. The Beta is the Persistent Universe Beta. Alpha is everything up to the Persistent Universe Beta, Beta is everything up to the Full Game.

- Samo

Edit: Here is what it says in the FAQ about the modules. It does appear you will have to buy passes for each module, like DFM, Planetside etc.

Can I still play without an Alpha Slot?

Players who join Star Citizen after the slots are gone will have the option of purchasing $5 passes to play the individual alpha modules, with the money going to cover the additional server bandwidth necessary. (For phased launches, like the upcoming Dogfighting Module, passes will not be available until servers have been allotted to all existing backers.) Note that you will need a separate pass for each future module.

I think what Resueht said is correct. 

Chris Roberts said this somewhere I cant remember exactly, either at PAX East or in a YouTube video; You need to get a $5 pass for each module.

But if you were able to secure an Alpha pass before they ran out, you will get access to all the modules as they get released.

BE A MEMBER OF THE LINUS TECH TIPS STAR CITIZEN ORGANIZATION | JOIN HERE

THE Arena Commander PASS gets you in the dog fighting module the only way to get all the modules in one shebang now is to buy a ship and wait for beta.

Thanks Guys! Fullmetal

You must NEVER go over 20% fan speed. ~ "Why's that?"~ Why do airport personnel wear hearing protection?

I think what Resueht said is correct. 

Chris Roberts said this somewhere I cant remember exactly, either at PAX East or in a YouTube video; You need to get a $5 pass for each module.

But if you were able to secure an Alpha pass before they ran out, you will get access to all the modules as they get released.

THE Arena Commander PASS gets you in the dog fighting module the only way to get all the modules in one shebang now is to buy a ship and wait for beta.

I did actually update my post with exactly what it says in the FAQ.