EVGA Hadron Air PSU

dbcooper

Hi! I'm going buy a Hadron Air for a build but i've read that the included PSU is realy loud.. I want to know if there's a way to mod it and replace the stock cooler with a 40mm Noctua..

Sold my build..

The noctua probably wont be any more quiet, the best way to see if it is really loud is to own it.

You prob could

Hi! I'm going buy a Hadron Air for a build but i've read that the included PSU is realy loud.. I want to know if there's a way to mod it and replace the stock cooler with a 40mm Noctua..

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

40mm fans are loud, no matter what brand you get. The blades are tiny and need to spin ridiculously fast to move any air. You might shave off one or two decibels with a noctua fan but I doubt the difference would be worth the money. Plus, tampering with power supplies is always something you should think twice about doing. Not only do you void the warranty, but if you make a mistake the thing could even end up burning your house down, with no insurance covering the damage. Not a likely scenario, but it's worth considering. If you do decide to do it, be careful. There are some rather high powered capacitors in there that can zap you pretty hard, so let the PSU rest for at least 24 hours unplugged before you open it.

40mm fans are loud, no matter what brand you get. The blades are tiny and need to spin ridiculously fast to move any air. You might shave off one or two decibels with a noctua fan but I doubt the difference would be worth the money. Plus, tampering with power supplies is always something you should think twice about doing. Not only do you void the warranty, but if you make a mistake the thing could even end up burning your house down, with no insurance covering the damage. Not a likely scenario, but it's worth considering. If you do decide to do it, be careful. There are some rather high powered capacitors in there that can zap you pretty hard, so let the PSU rest for at least 24 hours unplugged before you open it.

And what about using a silent foam like this one to cover all the interior of the case and the outside of the psu?http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0040JHMH6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397789254&sr=8-1π=SX200_QL40

Sold my build..

Jesse Cox built a PCwith the hardon and it was reasonably quiet. I'd try it first if iwas you.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

And what about using a silent foam like this one to cover all the interior of the case and the outside of the psu?http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0040JHMH6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1397789254&sr=8-1π=SX200_QL40

again, you might be able to shave off one or two decibels with that. It might be worth it, depending on how much you value silence over cost. If I where you I'd just stay away from the hadron all together. It looks great, but the fit&finish appears to be below average and with the PSU being on the loud side, I don't think it's worth the money.

And not just that. The product images from EVGA always look great, but in reality, what you get with all those badly-sleeved non-modular cables looks more like this.

Dino-PC-Hadron-1.jpg

I'd go for something else in the meanwhile and maybe give EVGA a second chance later on, when they've gathered a little more experience with building cases.

again, you might be able to shave off one or two decibels with that. It might be worth it, depending on how much you value silence over cost. If I where you I'd just stay away from the hadron all together. It looks great, but the fit&finish appears to be below average and with the PSU being on the loud side, I don't think it's worth the money.

And not just that. The product images from EVGA always look great, but in reality, what you get with all those badly-sleeved non-modular cables looks more like this.

Dino-PC-Hadron-1.jpg

I'd go for something else in the meanwhile and maybe give EVGA a second chance later on, when they've gathered a little more experience with building cases.

Hi! I was thinking on using a polarized fim to obscure the side window and coat the inside of the side panel with the silent foam from silverstone...

In the other hand, im also considering the Raven rvz01.. But i think it looks biger and more uncomfortable to carry arround, what do you think?

Sold my build..

Hi! I was thinking on using a polarized fim to obscure the side window and coat the inside of the side panel with the silent foam from silverstone...

In the other hand, im also considering the Raven rvz01.. But i think it looks biger and more uncomfortable to carry arround, what do you think?

Again, you could do that, but I don't think the results would look very pleasing... and you're spending a ton of money to silence a loud case, when you could have gotten a much quieter one to begin with. For example, I always recommend the Fractal Node 304 for mITX builds: you get much better airflow and cooling, you can make it completely silent by using 2x 92mm and 1x 120/140mm Noctuas, and you get to choose your own power supply. It is also very easy to carry around due to the fact that it fits almost perfectly into a normal-sized sports bag. You can even use a Kraken X40 or a Corsair H80i in it. There's also the Obsidian 250D you might want to consider.

I agree though, the Hadron looks great and I was actually thinking about getting one myself back when it was first announced, but there are much better cases out there if you consider airflow, cooling and quiet operation.

Another question, what type of GPU are you planning to use? If you're willing to settle for a GTX 670 or a 760, there are some "ITX"-formfactor cards from MSI and ASUS. Those open up a whole new world of cases you can use, such as the Xigmatek Nebula or the Cooltek U2, for example. 

I can't really speak for the Raven RVZ01, I've never seen one up close.

Again, you could do that, but I don't think the results would look very pleasing... and you're spending a ton of money to silence a loud case, when you could have gotten a much quieter one to begin with. For example, I always recommend the Fractal Node 304 for mITX builds: you get much better airflow and cooling, you can make it completely silent by using 2x 92mm and 1x 120/140mm Noctuas, and you get to choose your own power supply. It is also very easy to carry around due to the fact that it fits almost perfectly into a normal-sized sports bag. You can even use a Kraken X40 or a Corsair H80i in it. There's also the Obsidian 250D you might want to consider.

I agree though, the Hadron looks great and I was actually thinking about getting one myself back when it was first announced, but there are much better cases out there if you consider airflow, cooling and quiet operation.

Another question, what type of GPU are you planning to use? If you're willing to settle for a GTX 670 or a 760, there are some "ITX"-formfactor cards from MSI and ASUS. Those open up a whole new world of cases you can use, such as the Xigmatek Nebula or the Cooltek U2, for example. 

I can't really speak for the Raven RVZ01, I've never seen one up close.

I think i will get the Raven.. Because i dont like the node 304 design. I've seen some reviews about the Silverstone SFX 450W PSU and it seems to be prety quiet

Sold my build..

I think i will get the Raven.. Because i dont like the node 304 design. I've seen some reviews about the Silverstone SFX 450W PSU and it seems to be prety quiet

silverstone PSUs are great.

Or be quiet sfx psu's. But I'd really go with a case that supports atx psu's

I forget to say something.. I dont mind the PC beeng loud on load, i just want it to be dead silent while idling or surfing the net. While gaming, i dont mind it getting as loud as a jet engine

Sold my build..