"Jews ordered to register in east Ukraine"

TopWargamer

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2014/04/17/jews-ordered-to-register-in-east-ukraine/7816951/

Jews in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk where pro-Russian militants have taken over government buildings were told they have to "register" with the Ukrainians who are trying to make the city become part of Russia, according to Ukrainian and Israeli media.

Jews emerging from a synagogue say they were handed leaflets that ordered the city's Jews to provide a list of property they own and pay a registration fee "or else have their citizenship revoked, face deportation and see their assets confiscated," reported Ynet News, Israel's largest news website.

Wow. The saying "History repeats itself" really is true, and this is a prime example of that. I hope that everything will work out in Ukraine, but things are looking very dim...

Eerily reminiscent of Hitler's Nazi Germany...

COMIC SANS

Oh that's just total and complete bs!? 

I thought humanity had moved on....

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

atleast we now know whos behind it all.

Hitler obviously.

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

Are you f***ing kidding me...

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

Then the UN steps in, before you know it we will be at war with Russia because they can't behave

I feel like I have read about this type of request in history books somewhere...

The Russians are interesting, they have to occupy another countries territory because of concerns over the treatment of Russian speakers, then immediatly request the group of people the Russian government resents the most to register.

I really hope this does not go unnoticed on the worlds stage.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Then the UN steps in, before you know it we will be at war with Russia because they can't behave

You have much more faith in the UN than I.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

You have much more faith in the UN than I.

If Ukraine or Russia forces the Jewish population to live a certain way to carry around ID's, the UN won't stand for that and action will be taken because of it.

I say give it a year or 2. It's not a matter of "if" at this point, but a matter of "when."

Secretary of State John Kerry even just came out called the whole thing "grotesque." And it is.

COMIC SANS

If Ukraine or Russia forces the Jewish population to live a certain way to carry around ID's, the UN won't stand for that and action will be taken because of it.

Time will tell. Personally, I think the UN wont do much more than a sternly worded letter and perhaps some insignificant economic sanctions. 

For the record, I hope you are right.

I thought this was a rumor.

From the article:

So, in conclusion: the Jews of Donetsk and eastern Ukraine may have been asked by a leaflet to register, but it has not been enforced nor are any Ukrainian Jews registering themselves. If that changes, I'll be all over it, but so far, you can breathe easy. No Holocaust 2.0 just yet. 

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117415/relax-ukraine-not-ordering-its-jews-register

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

I'm sorry, but am I the only one that thinks this is a little too bloody convenient? The Russians have been referring to the Ukrainian loyalists as fascists all along and now there just happen to be pamphlets going around demanding Jews register their property? This smells like a propaganda stunt and a blunt one at that. No way are those things real.

Don't just swallow everything you read, chew on it a little bit so you can tell how it tastes. <_<

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Time will tell. Personally, I think the UN wont do much more than a sternly worded letter and perhaps some insignificant economic sanctions. 

The sanctions that Obama already places on Russia is harming their economy pretty bad, I just hope it stops Russia from pulling the wrong card.

The sanctions that Obama already places on Russia is harming their economy pretty bad, I just hope it stops Russia from pulling the wrong card.

US =/= UN.

The UN will just smack Russia and say "Stop." The UN isn't as powerful as most people think, and neither was the League of Nations. The League of Nations was made with the same intentions as the United Nations, and even they couldn't stop World War II from happening, but the League of Nations was very weak politically. The UN isn't as weak, but still pretty, but is primarily under the control of the USA. 

If any kind of army were to go in, it would be the USA's army, and if we don't have enough troops, then the UN troops (primarily made up of Americans) will more than likely back them up, and/or the draft will be come legal again. As a side note, UN troops are pretty useless in a firefight because the lack the proper training and experience. Russian forces would trample all over the UN.

COMIC SANS

The UN will just smack Russia and say "Stop." The UN isn't as powerful as most people think, and neither was the League of Nations. The League of Nations was made with the same intentions as the United Nations, and even they couldn't stop World War II from happening, but the League of Nations was very weak politically. The UN isn't as weak, but still pretty, but is primarily under the control of the USA. 

If any kind of army were to go in, it would be the USA's army, and if we don't have enough troops, then the UN troops (primarily made up of Americans) will more than likely back them up, and/or the draft will be come legal again. As a side note, UN troops are pretty useless in a firefight because the lack the proper training and experience. Russian forces would trample all over the UN.

100% agree, if you think smack is shake fist at.

From the article:

So, in conclusion: the Jews of Donetsk and eastern Ukraine may have been asked by a leaflet to register, but it has not been enforced nor are any Ukrainian Jews registering themselves. If that changes, I'll be all over it, but so far, you can breathe easy. No Holocaust 2.0 just yet. 

http://www.newrepublic.com/article/117415/relax-ukraine-not-ordering-its-jews-register

Also from the article: 

One local snapped a photo of the fliers and sent it to a friend in Israel, who then took it to the Israeli press and, voila, an international scandal: American Twitter is abuzz with it, Drudge is hawking it, and, today in Geneva, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerryslammed the fliers as "grotesque."

I don't see how this wouldn't be legit. 

COMIC SANS

From the article:

So its ok to ask them to register as long as you don't punish those who don't comply? I don't know about that.

The whole Russian/ North Korean situation scares the heck out of me! I mean the idea that a new World War would almost certainly end with the launching of nuclear weapons... Scary stuff.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

if anyone should be registered it should be the muslims. they are the only group I have a strong distaste in my mouth for. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

if anyone should be registered it should be the muslims. they are the only group I have a strong distaste in my mouth for. 

:o

So its ok to ask them to register as long as you don't punish those who don't comply? I don't know about that.

They aren't official pamphlets, derp. That's why they aren't being enforced, it's a propaganda move designed to inflame the situation and cause a scandal. Which it already did because of the media's itchy trigger finger.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.