Will HSA still work with a dedicated Graphics card?

Will HSA still work with a dedicated Graphics card?

Nope. HSA is the iGPU actually sharing memory with the CPU, rather than partitioning it off.

Okay thanks just wanted to make sure.

If you have an APU that supports HSA and a dedicated GPU in the system, you can still use HSA acceleration. However, it won't accelerate using the dedicated card, but the integrated GPU instead

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

Nope. HSA is the iGPU actually sharing memory with the CPU, rather than partitioning it off.

I don't think this is what the op is asking. There's no hsa compliant graphics card so the OP is probably asking if hsa will work if there's a graphics card in the system. It's a yes in that case--hsa could work regardless of whether or not you have a graphics card in the system since the integrated graphics isn't necessarily disabled.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't think this is what the op is asking. There's no hsa compliant graphics card so the OP is probably asking if hsa will work if there's a graphics card in the system. It's a yes in that case--hsa could work regardless of whether or not you have a graphics card in the system since the integrated graphics isn't necessarily disabled. 

I'm curious. Would this only be beneficial for, say, encoding with CPU+GPU (with iGPU)? I'm not too familiar with AMD GPUs, if they have a function similar to the nVidia CUDA system, for encoding  :D

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

This is what i was trying to say thanks to everyone for the help :) .

I'm curious. Would this only be beneficial for, say, encoding with CPU+GPU (with iGPU)? I'm not too familiar with AMD GPUs, if they have a function similar to the nVidia CUDA system, for encoding :D

It's similar and would benefit anything that supports hsa.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's similar and would benefit anything that supports hsa.

As I suspected. Thanks  :P

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.