Custom loop plan

Hey ltt, so im planning my custom loop in a corsair carbide air 540 (i know not a water optimized case but ehh itll be cool) currently i have a swiftech h320 in it that im wanting to expand upon to add my 2 gpu's. im about to order what i can afford this payday which i will list shortly and what i will order on my next payday and complete everything. now being in canada water cooling options kinda suck so im ordering my stuff off dazmode.com.

What i can/will order now:

1 ek-fc 780 lightning waterblock. (he only has one in stock at the moment will order second block the moment i see one available)

Ek Coolstream Rad XTX 240mm extra thick radiator to go in the top giving me a total of 5x120mm fan spacings, with this rad being so thick i wont be able to fit one on the rear exhaust port but i figure being extra thick it balances out and makes building a loop simpler in this case

Aqualis pro 450ml reservoir which will be mounted outside the case with a slight mod

and finally the ek-fc terminal for linking two sli cards together.

That is what i am able to order and have in a cart at the moment provided the rad and res arent terrible choices. seeing as how im expanding off the swiftech h320 i have to make sure i can feed the res straight to the cpu block/pump combo unit or atleast want to even if its not a requirement hence doing a slight case mod to mount the res on the outside of the case.

What would be ordered next pay period

PrimoChill advanced lrt 3/8 ID 5/8 OD (linus' favorite) crystal clear thinking 20ft of it because my dad is going to need some as well, might as well only have to order once.

6x black nickle ek fittings of appropriate size, only in need of 6 because the swiftech rad and cpu block are barbed fittings ONLY and cannot be changed to compressions :(

mayhems pastel yellow coolant, now i know people will say colored coolant is bad blah blah.. i know but im also planning to clean the loop more often to accommodate that and i really wanna fallow the black and yellow/gold scheme i already have going

another Ek-Fc 780 lightning block obviously provided its in stock.

Now im pretty sure thats everything i need, ive already asked linus himself about the barb sizes on the h320 and they are indeed 3/8 id, i would probably just need slightly larger hose clamps then the stock ones.

Any input would be appreciated before i order. im not a total noob to water cooling just wanna make sure im not screwing myself with a mistake i cant see.

Edit: forgot to mention, all fans will be noctua nf-f12's save for the rear exhaust which will be a corsair af series since it wont have a rad and the af fan is already in there....

I'm confused what your question is, seems like you've got it figured out.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm confused what your question is, seems like you've got it figured out.

sorry been up almost 2 days now... is there anything im overlooking? a better res or rad i could be choosing? anything im forgetting

sorry been up almost 2 days now... is there anything im overlooking? a better res or rad i could be choosing? anything im forgetting

I mean there's probably "better" stuff, but it's not really a problem. 

Like a pump/res combo isn't as good as a seperate pump and res usually. but it's not the end of the world. you did fine. just make sure you mix your coolant properly (if it needs it) with distilled water. and do a proper mixture of parts (like 50% water 50% coolant or w/e they say)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I mean there's probably "better" stuff, but it's not really a problem. 

Like a pump/res combo isn't as good as a seperate pump and res usually. but it's not the end of the world. you did fine. just make sure you mix your coolant properly (if it needs it) with distilled water. and do a proper mixture of parts (like 50% water 50% coolant or w/e they say)

yeah the cpu block and pump are a combo which makes planning a little tougher although apparently its an mcp 355 so its not all bad. as for the coolant is the colored stuff really as bad as people say or am i gonna be fine with the mayhems pastel yellow?

yeah the cpu block and pump are a combo which makes planning a little tougher although apparently its an mcp 355 so its not all bad. as for the coolant is the colored stuff really as bad as people say or am i gonna be fine with the mayhems pastel yellow?

No i've never heard people say it was bad in the first place lol. Most of the builds i see are clear tubing and colored coolant. Obviously you need to do maintenance but it'll be fine. as long as you don't use 100% concentrated coolant. that'd be no bweno

No i've never heard people say it was bad in the first place lol. Most of the builds i see are clear tubing and colored coolant. Obviously you need to do maintenance but it'll be fine. as long as you don't use 100% concentrated coolant. that'd be no bweno

works for me cause i think the clear tubing and res with waterfall effect will look awesome with the pastel yellow in there. last question i can think of that i havent been able to figure out.. how much coolant should i be ordering? dazmode sells the yellow concentrate that makes 1 liter per bottle of concentrate now having a 450ml res 2 gpu blocks and 2 rads would 1 litre be enough or should i order more like 2 or 3 to be on the safe side then i have extra for top ups down the road? 

works for me cause i think the clear tubing and res with waterfall effect will look awesome with the pastel yellow in there. last question i can think of that i havent been able to figure out.. how much coolant should i be ordering? dazmode sells the yellow concentrate that makes 1 liter per bottle of concentrate now having a 450ml res 2 gpu blocks and 2 rads would 1 litre be enough or should i order more like 2 or 3 to be on the safe side then i have extra for top ups down the road? 

1 ltr of coolant and 1 ltr of distilled, mix proper porportions if you are supposed to. 

1 ltr of coolant and 1 ltr of distilled, mix proper porportions if you are supposed to. 

well its a 250ml concentrate that i would mix with distilled giving me 1 liter of perfectly mixed coolant (looked up proportions for this specific coolant), i just mean how many bottles of the concentrate should i order realizing that 1 bottle of concentrate once mixed is 1 liter of coolant.

well its a 250ml concentrate that i would mix with distilled giving me 1 liter of perfectly mixed coolant (looked up proportions for this specific coolant), i just mean how many bottles of the concentrate should i order realizing that 1 bottle of concentrate once mixed is 1 liter of coolant.

Thats what i kinda figured i just dont wanna come up short when im filling the loop