Tagger NFC Tags & Easter Egg Hunt Discussion

LinusTech

NFC, meh.

Such gimmick much useless.

Wait, that's because I'm an iPhone user ..

:-(

But would it really in the end be something you would use daily? @LinusTech

I was going to go on about how I disagree with you and they're great. but then I was filled with sadness for you. :(

Can I program them to lets say go to a website or youtube video? Or does it have to be set to phone task. Like on my phone this NFC tag opens up VLC while on another phone it does nothing

I know you can make an NFC tag open a URL or website and your phone will just use whatever browser you have as your default. If your youtube app is capable it might automatically take over. Someone will beat me to it because I have t get more NFC tags, but I am going to try that.

I'm sorry Americans, it turns out Canadians are the most depraved. I apologise on behalf of the Queen, totally her fault.

HOSTNAME: VERA | OS: Win10 | CASE: NZXT H440 | CPU: i7 8700K | GPU: EVGA  GTX1080 FTW | MEMORY: 2x8GB Team Group 8pack edition 3200MHz 14-14-14-31 | PSU: Seasonic P1000 | SSD: Vertex 4 512GB, 2 x SanDisk Ultra 2 960GB | HDD: 8TB total | DISPLAY: Acer Predator 1080p 144 Hz G Sync + Acer 27" 1080p | MOBO: Asus Prime-P | KEYBOARD, MOUSE AND PAD: Ducky Shine 5, Corsair M65 Pro and Razer Sabertooth | AUDIO: ASUS Xonar Phoebus, Corsair SP2500, AKG Q701 + ModMic, Audio Technica ATH-M50x | COOLER: Corsair H100i

Damn it Linus!! How many times have I told you to STOP EATING YOUR POOP?!

and lol slick "driving" with door open and one leg out on the road.

Really don't think they are that useful...but I guess if the manufacturer is so keen they might beOK. Things like dialing 911 and shit, like its pretty easy. Turning on an alarm ect.  Basically its justlaziness.

and my space bars goneagain.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Can I program them to lets say go to a website or youtube video? Or does it have to be set to phone task. Like on my phone this NFC tag opens up VLC while on another phone it does nothing

If you purposely want it only to work on your phone, then you could download an app like NFC ReTag, which you can also use contactless cards with as it doesnt write anything to the tag itself

That Trigger App is amazing. If you reviewed apps it would deserve it's own video. Especially if you combine it's functionality with a similar app called Tasker.

Here's what I have accomplished with the two;

When I am within 50m of my home, mobile data turns off and I automatically connect to WiFi. I walk in the door and put my phone on a table beside the door as I take my shoes off.  The phone is placed on top of an NFC tag; My phone sends a Wireless WOL packet to my computer and i's ready to go before I get into the room. If I use the tag between 7pm and 2am the lamp turns on as well (WeMo switch)

When I am within 100 meters of one of the movie theaters I go to regularly, my phone automatically goes into vibrate mode, when I am within 50 meters it goes full silent. If I am more than 100 meters away it goes back into normal operation.

Two gesture based things I've done are; If my phone is unlocked and I rotate it to the left (as if taking a picture) the camera app opens right away. If I 'flick' it in a vertical (portrait) position it will open my loyalty/giftcard app.

The final useful thing I'v managed to accomplish is; If headphones are in, music app opens, if head phones are taken out; app closes.

It seems you can combine pretty much any event to take any action.

To see how ridiculous you could get, but at the same time how specific and complex I set up and successfully tested the following scenario.

If I am standing in a 30m area at the park north of my home between 4:00pm and 4:10pm and I rotate my phone to the right; Call my brother.

I disabled that profile after I tested it but just to summarize; Best app I have ever seen for any mobile device ever. Combine both apps and you can do amazing things with or without NFC tags.

Great video; I bought a bunch of Tagger Tags because of it. And I also grabbed Trigger as well as Tasker  (which I found out about through the 'Tasker Task' option in Trigger)

Thanks for introducing me to these awesome awesome awesome apps.

Sorry man.

Your taste buds will thank me, and your gut will hate me. Let's call it a net to zero...

hey Linus do you have any coupon codes for buying these tags?

i live in india and these tags are costly(after converting $ to ₹) for me.

they are selling those for 50% off till 22 April midnight(so can't waste time) but i still wanna save little more

please give me a coupon code if you able to.

thanks

omkar patil

(from india)

Bought a set of 10 :D

Case: Fractal Design R4 (x2 Noctua 140mm Fans, x2 Fractal Design Fans)            Processor: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.2GHz (Hyper 212 Evo)             Audioengine A5+ Black Speakers

Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Z77 DDR3                                           Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 1080 SC                                               Corsair K65 RGB Cherry MX Red

Memory: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4X4GB DDR3-1600                                                     Power Supply: OCZ Z-Series Semi Modular Gold 850W                 ASUS & LG 21.5 Monitor (Dual monitor arm)