Low / high fps

Stampkonijn

Why is it low fps and high fps instead of few fps and much fps? few and much sounds much more logical to me.

high number, low number? and both is used depending on scenario

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Just because I guess...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Why is it low fps and high fps instead of few fps and much fps? few and much sounds much more logical to me.

It's like force, you don't say few force you say low force

It's like force, you don't say few force you say low force

but if you said i had very few frames per second talking about a certain period then itd be alright ^^ but still sounds weird saying few and much, low and high is normal

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

@Rorgash has it correct, it's to do with the actual number of frames. If the number is lower, you say low FPS, and when the number is higher, you say "high FPS". You could also use Minimum or Maximum FPS when you are talking about the extreme ends of the FPS range a particular game/video will run at.

also its grammatically incorrect, much frames per second? :S many?

Whoops.

but if you said i had very few frames per second talking about a certain period then itd be alright ^^ but still sounds weird saying few and much, low and high is normal

im agreeing with the low fps and high fps? Did you even read what i typed?

I don't know. I guess we've become used to saying it that way?

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

If you'd be talking about First Person Shooters instead of Frames Per Second then using few and, well much ain't right for that either, many would be better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

low fps = low amount of frames per second 
high fps = high amount of frames per second

Much FPS? Are you trying to sneak doge into things again!?

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

high number, low number? and both is used depending on scenario

Actually he has a point. A frame is an image. So when you say you have lots of images you don't say high or low you say I have lots of pictures. We need to start the Lots of frames Revolution

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

low fps = low amount of frames per second 

high fps = high amount of frames per second

I understand that, I meant why is it called low FPS instead of few FPS?

Much FPS? Are you trying to sneak doge into things again!?

Very yes...

I understand that, I meant why is it called low FPS instead of few FPS?

Well low and few mean pretty much the same thing

im agreeing with the low fps and high fps? Did you even read what i typed?

i was saying the opposite of what you said in terms of fps not force or another variable. did you even read what i said.

The Beast [Case -  Corsair 750D CPU - I5 4670k @ 4.3ghz 1.2V CPU cooler - Hyper 212 evo Mobo - MSI g45 z87 RAM - G.Skill Z series 4*4@1866mhz GPU - Gigabyte windforce 3x r9 290 Storage - SSD, samsung 840 evo 120gb HDD, Western Digital Blue 1tb PSU - SilverStone Strider silver 80+ 750WPeripherals [Monitor - ASUS VS239 IPS 23" Keyboard - Corsair K95 Mouse - Mad Catz RAT 7]

i was saying the opposite of what you said in terms of fps not force or another variable. did you even read what i said.

Not really no and to be honest I couldn't care less

much frames very per so second

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Not really no and to be honest I couldn't care less

then why even bother quoting back. just leave if you couldnt care.

low framerate - high framerate (few framerate - much framerate?)

few frames per second - many frames per second would work though. 

144Hz goodness

it should be many shouldnt it.

There were many frames per second. for high

and there were few frames per second for low.

Im confused...

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones