I want to put real blood in my liquid cooling...

I have been rolling this around in my mind for a while. Keeping in mind that this is in no way ideal and may be very detrimental to a liquid cooling loop, I would still like to see what would happen ... for science. I want to do an off-board, single loop where I would substitute blood (Real blood, animal or otherwise) for standard coolant/water. My concerns are that it may deteriorate/rot/coagulate/ect  Any input would be appreciated. What do you think will happen after a decent span of time?

Blood dries out and becomes a goo. Especially when heated up.

it will also start to stink.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

It sort of becomes like a gooey jelly, which is a little gross and probably won't work very well.

Blood coagulates, that means that it hardens. You're better off with some dark red coolant.

Edit: finally the fancy words from biology comes in handy.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

Blood dries out and becomes a goo. Especially when heated up.

Thats a good point, But I do wounder if there is anything we could do or add to stop this from happening.

Yes, real blood will congeal, and will more than likely congeal faster under a higher temperature. You'd just end up with a "jelly-like" red substance in your loop. 

Also, this is concerning. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Yes, real blood will congeal, and will more than likely congeal faster under a higher temperature. You'd just end up with a "jelly-like" red substance in your loop. 

Also, this is concerning. 

Why? Blood is awesome! :P

Thats a good point, But I do wounder if there is anything we could do or add to stop this from happening.

There isn't really. If you added water to try and dilute it a little, the solid red blood cells and platelet's in the blood would settle in your water blocks, and lead to a blocked loop. Which-ever way you slice it, it wouldn't work. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Yes, blood is "awesome", when it's doing its job inside my body, and I'm very grateful. It isn't so awesome when you buy a litre of the stuff and try and use it as coolant. (Or use your own and become a blood donor, but each to his own) 

How are you going to justify the purchase of said blood without sounding...well, insane?

There isn't really. If you added water to try and dilute it a little, the solid red blood cells and platelet's in the blood would settle in your water blocks, and lead to a blocked loop. Which-ever way you slice it, it wouldn't work. 

That is a bit disappointing, Makes me wounder what kind of other less crazy things that could go in.

What about blood without white blood cells, wouldn't that stop the coagulation? Also they're making red blood cells from stem cells so depending on the size of your wallet you could try bribe a local surgeon for a "sample" :P

how about "other" bodily fluids?

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

ok it is possible

many shops sell pig or cow blood etc

go buy some anticoagulant add that with the blood

also add anti bacterial and fungal additives

also i recommend buying a more powerful pump

you should be fine

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

That is a bit disappointing, Makes me wounder what kind of other less crazy things that could go in.

Just make sure you avoid anything that contains a precipitate (solid suspended in a liquid) or something with a dissolved solid that could re-form in your loop. 

I am pretty sure we already had this topic.

Although for science, so I am a bit interested now.

You probably could stop the clogging of the blood which is involved in the wound healing process, but nothing would stop the blood just getting infected, unless we connect it to a live pig. Despite beind an endothermic species, we should try to add as many rads as is needed to keep the pig close to 37 degrees, you know to make it easier for the animal to keep itself cool.

Although why not use the pig as a case then and put all the stuff in it?

The pig would also have the added benefit of providing sugar to our PC components, if they ever need it...

I feel like in the future we will be able to not only design the rather simple bacteria that we do today, but also mess with the genome of vertebrates in proper ways, and through that create a species which's only purpose is to be a glorified computer case.

Holy fuck friends, I think we are one step closer to cyborg pigs!

It also tastes fairly nice. (From my very limited sample set)

CPU: i7 5820K 4.0GHz @1.15V | MOBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 980Ti, LTT Orange | CASE: NZXT H440 Black 2015 | COOLER: Noctua NH-D15S w/ LTT Fans | RAM: 32GB Patriot 3000MHz | STORAGE: 512GB Samsung 950 Pro, 960GB Sandisk Ultra II 3 x 8TB Seagate HDD's | PSU: 750W Seasonic X series, black / orange cablemod cables| Monitors: 3x Asus VX24AH's | AUDIO OUT: Microlab SOLO 8C, Sennheiser HD 650's, Audio engine D1 Amp / DAC | AUDIO IN: Blue Snowball | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Green | Mouse: Logitech G900 Proteus Spectrum + RSI Extended Mouse Pad | PCPP Linkhttp://nz.pcpartpicker.com/list/hPjFd6

aahhhh nooo what why would you want to do that what no no man

600f523739703ceaaac96e5992c9e543.jpeg

ok it is possible

many shops sell pig or cow blood etc

go buy some anticoagulant add that with the blood

also add anti bacterial and fungal additives

also i recommend buying a more powerful pump

you should be fine

You know how silly adding an anti-bacterial agent to blood is, right? It's futile. 

Keeping it from congealing is one thing, but the solids in the blood (cells, platelets, ions) would build up in the water-blocks, and I'm not sure what the effects of Iron ions are on the metals in a loop either. 

Yes, blood is "awesome", when it's doing its job inside my body, and I'm very grateful. It isn't so awesome when you buy a litre of the stuff and try and use it as coolant. (Or use your own and become a blood donor, but each to his own) 

How are you going to justify the purchase of said blood without sounding...well, insane?

I'm nop OP. I just find it amazing that no matter where you cut on your body, a bright red liquid flows out of it. I especially love it when you get several little droplets of blood along a cut.

It also tastes fairly nice. (From my very limited sample set)

Eww. The taste is awful.

I am pretty sure we already had this topic.

Although for science, so I am a bit interested now.

You probably could stop the clogging of the blood which is involved in the wound healing process, but nothing would stop the blood just getting infected, unless we connect it to a live pig. Despite beind an endothermic species, we should try to add as many rads as is needed to keep the pig close to 37 degrees, you know to make it easier for the animal to keep itself cool.

Although why not use the pig as a case then and put all the stuff in it?

The pig would also have the added benefit of providing sugar to our PC components, if they ever need it...

I feel like in the future we will be able to not only design the rather simple bacteria that we do today, but also mess with the genome of vertebrates in proper ways, and through that create a species which's only purpose is to be a glorified computer case.

Holy fuck friends, I think we are one step closer to cyborg pigs!

See, THIS is the science I was looking for!

My friend...is an absolute moron.

I already told him all of this, even the living specimen to have a continous supply of fresh working blood...

Why is my friend so dumb? SOMEONE TELL HIM HE NEEDS HELP.