Poll: Do you install all of your games from Steam to your drive?

Assassin

I just did. Massive 958 GB just for steam. 

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

I want to make a nas to store all my games to have 2 systems, one for the couch and one where I sit normally, but that'll be done later, for now I just store it on my local drive.

I want to make a nas to store all my games to have 2 systems, one for the couch and one where I sit normally, but that'll be done later, for now I just store it on my local drive.

How big is it?

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.

i don't think anybody does. too much bandwidth

Well I am doing it now. 

i store all my games on one 1tb drive

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

How big is it?

534GB worth. I don't download EVERY GAME because I don't like all the games I have won from some giveaways.

I got like 5 of 80 games installed. I'm using only SSD so I don't really feel like wasting space on games I don't play right now.

Why would you listen to me? I'm just some random guy on the internet!

I have probably 90% of all my steam games ( All 150+ of them) on a 3TB external Drive. I transfer them over when I want to play any and keep the games I play the most often on my HDD or SSD :P

- Samo

CPU: Intel i7 4790k MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z97x-UD3H RAM: 2x4gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600Mhz GPU: EVGA GTX 780Ti SC w/ ACX SSD: Samsung 820 128gb HDD: Seagate 1TB PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 800w Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout

Hell no, i don't want them clogging up my poor HDD, even though i have an SSD, I know how my HDD is already in bad shape (programs that are written after the ~600 GB point have the HDD squeal when read).

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Some of the games I already bored and finished are not worth the space.

So far I've installed every Steam game I've bought, though that's just four atm. I've got a 2TB WD Black reserved just for games so it should be a while before it fills up.

While I have the majority of my games installed on my 1TB drive, I haven't got them all installed.

I have to be cautious about drive space left nowadays :P

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

why install/download every game  ?

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yes, otherwise if have to install a game a day in advance, then probably wouldn't be interested by it the next day so it would be hopeless. I need a new drive though, I only have 140 games and they still only just fit on my HDD

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

why install/download every game ?

So you can play all of them whenever..,

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I have most of my games, but not all installed. I'd say about 75% installed. The ones I don't have installed are mostly gift games or free games that I have no interest playing at the moment. Plus a couple I payed for on the cheap (yeah steam sales!) that I haven't gotten around to playing yet. I have a 1tb drive dedicated to my steam library, with plenty of room yet to spare.

I don't because I have a lot of games I will never play (got them through the Humble Bundle).

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

I have a 1.5TB HDD, so why not...

1tb evo...I only keep about a half dozen games or so. I record gameplay so I have to be careful with long sessions and make sure to offload the content to an external drive. 

No - My download speeds are terrible. Most of the games I regularly play are on my SSD anyway, since most of them are or will be heavily modded, they need the speed. 

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor