Question about deep web?

Trail Mixorz

Idk if it's against CoC to post about this, so please remove if it is.

Anyway. I just watched a documentary on this. How are people accessing this in their home if most of the stuff on there is illegal? I know you can hide your ip and make it change but can't it still be linked to their home internet? Especially people buying like guns and drugs and stuff, do they access it through other people's wifi or public wifi?

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

Tor to my understanding hides your IP and unlocks the deepweb for you to explore. Though, I wouldn't recommend it. The web is scary enough as it is.

Tor to my understanding hides your IP and unlocks the deepweb for you to explore. Though, I wouldn't recommend it. The web is scary enough as it is.

I know this, but I remember in the past saying connecting to tor and stuff can leave your home network open to attack. Was this just to scare us, or to actually warn us about getting arrested or attacked

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

most of the black market websites use a .onion domain which requires the use of TOR, where basically your connection is encrypted 4 times over via going through 4 different nodes. However since the US navy developed the tor for their reasons, many exit nodes are government operated making tor itself not secure.

So basically the tor browser you use to access these sites, acts as it's own VPN (not really but closest thing I can think of that it's similar to) by using the encryption and re-routing your path to connect you to the website.

Using real personal information on TOR is one of the dumbest things you could do. There is a reason everything is encrypted and why things like Bitcoin thrive in this environment.

I would think there isn't enough manpower to track everyone down, regardless of how incriminating their records of your crap is.

Idk if it's against CoC to post about this, so please remove if it is.

Anyway. I just watched a documentary on this. How are people accessing this in their home if most of the stuff on there is illegal? I know you can hide your ip and make it change but can't it still be linked to their home internet? Especially people buying like guns and drugs and stuff, do they access it through other people's wifi or public wifi?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Whatever you do on your home network is whatever you do, your ISP is hardly going to spy on you then tattle to the government cause they see you using a TOR network if they could see you using it anyways

Using real personal information on TOR is one of the dumbest things you could do. There is a reason everything is encrypted and why things like Bitcoin thrive in this environment.

Sorta this.

Let's just say I wouldn't go looking for the ANFO recipe on TOR. It certainly is a barrier...but I wouldn't trust it with my livelyhood.

It's just an encryption over your connection. Basically what it does is makes it harder (not impossible from my humble knowledge) to pinpoint someones searches ect. I use TOR for a bit of browsing because I find it faster than other other browsers and smoother.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I know this, but I remember in the past saying connecting to tor and stuff can leave your home network open to attack. Was this just to scare us, or to actually warn us about getting arrested or attacked

Hmm. I don't know to be honest. But doing research and knowing what to do can lead to using Tor more securely and safely.

I wanna go.. to like.. see whats there.

is it legal to go there just to look?

If so.. Linus should totally do a stream of "Exploring the dark parts of the interwebs"

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorta this.

Let's just say I wouldn't go looking for the ANFO recipe on TOR. It certainly is a barrier...but I wouldn't trust it with my livelyhood.

It's just an encryption over your connection. Basically what it does is makes it harder (not impossible from my humble knowledge) to pinpoint someones searches ect. I use TOR for a bit of browsing because I find it faster than other other browsers and smoother.

Yep.

Another daft thing to do on TOR is to check your email, sign into Facebook ect ect. It's like trying to rob a bank with the ski mask and everything, but flashing your Debit card to get the cash.

If I remember correctly everything on TOR is encrypted except the beginning and end points of the connection are on plain text.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”