Gaming Rig Partial Upgrade/New Build

I'm interested in knowing what some of you may think of this build I've been researching and planning for several weeks now. 

Recently I bought a laptop to replace my almost 5 year old outdated gaming rig. I didn't plan to do much gaming with the laptop so I decided that performance per dollar wise Lenovo's G505s would suffice for the time being until I could devise a new build plan. So far I'm loving the laptop and it performs quite well considering that it was only a $600 or so laptop. However, I want to start getting back into games that require a little more juice such as Far Cry 3 or DayZ for example. I was hoping that some of you could help me decide on whether or not you think these parts I've picked would be good enough to play current games on ultra or high settings, or if you think I could get better or equally performing parts for cheaper. So, without further adieu, here are the parts I carefully picked for my potential future build. 

MOBO:

MSI A88X-G43 - $79.99

CPU:

AMD 760K @3.8GHz - $89.99

GPU:

Sapphire R9 270 (non-x) - $189.99

RAM:

HyperX Blu 2x4GB @1600MHz - $64.99

PSU:

Corsair 750w 80 plus gold certified (modular) - $129.99

SSD:

Samsung 120GB internal drive - $78.99

If you're wondering why I didn't list a case or OS, I already have an antec 900 2 from my previous build and a 7200rpm drive with windows 7-64bit installed. I would plan on transferring the OS and all games onto the SSD and using the HDD as my regular drive for saving data on. I'm trying to keep the build color coordinated (all blue) as my case currently has blue LED fans installed and I don't really care to replace them as they work just a quietly and move as much air as they did when they were new. I don't have a budget but I don't want to spend more than I have to. The mobo has crossfire and dual graphics support so if I decide in the future that I want to upgrade I could either add an APU or a second GPU. The reason I picked the r9 270 non-x model is because I plan on overclocking the card to get performance numbers higher than the x model boasts. I've seen plenty of benchmarks with those two cards to know that it would be more powerful but if you know of a card of equal value that would out perform the r9 270 please let me know. Same goes for any of the other components I've listed. I don't plan on overclocking the CPU unless I need to so the stock cooler would suffice until that time comes. Feel free to give your 100% honest opinion on this build, I promise I wont be offended if you think I did a poor job of choosing components. I've only build a computer once before and that was 5 years ago so don't be too rough on me. Any help or opinions on this build would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Derek.

budget? 

location? 

use the quote button your gaming life depends on it :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Unless you already have the PSU, get a cheaper one, like the Corsair CX430M if you won't really upgrade or a CX500M/CX600M if you will. And that PSU will not be anywhere near optimal efficiency, since it's just way too big for the build.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i agree with SAV1OUR: give us a budget and location and we'd be better able to determine good deals. so far, though, i like what i'm seeing.

i take it you want your 750W PSU to last you through to another, potentially more powerful upgrade? if this is all you're planning on, i suggest a decent-quality 500W unit, like a CX series from Corsair.

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

I stated in the post that I have no budget, but I'd prefer not to spend too much more than what the total cost of this build would be ($633). I'm assuming by location you mean where I located these parts? I use newegg almost exclusively to get PC parts and to put together builds. I chose all the same parts off PC part picker and the total build would have been about $10 more. I chose the 750w because I was thinking for the future if I ever decided to add a second graphics card or add more memory and what not. I also just realized that I wouldn't be able to use that mobo to add a second r9 270 because it only has one PCI 3.0 slot. 

by location they mean what country do you live in. this affects the dealers we look at and which PC Parts Picker we use to find parts. its also highly recommended that when you post a build, use pcpartpicker.com and use the BBC code markup to post to the forum :)

by location they mean what country do you live in. this affects the dealers we look at and which PC Parts Picker we use to find parts. its also highly recommended that when you post a build, use pcpartpicker.com and use the BBC code markup to post to the forum :)

Thanks for clearing that up. I live in the United States. 

what about this?  http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3tqQd

also the motherboard and gpu support crossfire

I know that they do, I was just saying that since the GPU requires PCI 3.0 and there is only one 3.0 slot that I wouldn't be able to crossfire that card.