I was wondering how the amd fx 6300 performs in games when compared with the amd 8320, intel i5 3570k, and the intel i3 4330. I know that obviously the intel i5 and the the amd 8320 will out perform the amd 6300, however i just want to know by how much. I do mostly gaming, some video editing, and a lot of multitasking. I would be using this cpu with either a evga sc 750ti or the gigabyte 660. Thanks so much for the help.

I run my own indie game company called Color Dragon Studios where we are currently making a 2d platformer game called Small Earth.

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Just for gaming the 4670K will be the fastest and the 83xx just has more cores and cache than the 6300 so gaming performance isn't that much better and the 6300 is better than the i3 because you can overclock it.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Depends on the game. You'll have to look up individual cpu benchmarks.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For sheer gaming, you can't beat the price to performance ratio the i3-4130 offers at $99. It competes with the FX-8350 most of the time, and beats it in more than half of the games tested on it. Tho in this particular situation your GPU will more than likely "bottleneck" before any of these CPU's. If you spend a lot of time tinkering with video editing and thread heavy workloads, you would probably be better off with a FX-6300 or if you can scrape by for a FX-8320.