properly good sounding fashion headphones for under €150,-??

hey guys,

i'm new to the linustechtips forum, so please forgive me if i post anything anywhere it shouldn't be etc, also, i'm not a native english speaker, so pleasae excuse my poor grammar.

anyways, moving on to my queston.

i have had a number of (sometimes relatively expensive) earbuds for a while now, an d i keep finding that i'll practicly destroy them withing a month or 2-8, depending on the biuld quality (my senheisers held out for a while actually, i really liked those, believe they were the cx 400 ii). anyways, i figured i want to try headphones, for 3 reasons. 1. the sound normally is way better bcuz, you know, bigger drivers. 2. they dont break so fast, and i wont be able to cramm them in my pockets etx xD. and 3, i kinda wanna make a fashion statement i guess.

now, i'm kinda of a big newbie in the audiophile builsness thinie. (i only recently found out what amps and dacs are etc)

so i'm asking the (what is regarded as the kindest around) linustechtips community to help me out. what headphones should i buy????

now there's a fe wthings to account for, 

1. i am gonna use these headphones in public, so i really dont want them to be ugly, they dont heve to be works of art, but i cant really walk around with like some lime-green razer headset on my head, or a thing with like a mic sticking out of it. or just anything really ugly in paticulair xD.

2. i don't have a huge budget, i can go up to 150€ if needed, but i'd like to keep it below the 100€

3. im mainly gonna use them on my phone and plaptop, so an angeled connector is prefered, however ot nessecairy. but i kinda tend to break my earphones on the connection point because i keep my phone in the big pocket in my pants, and sometimes the pockets aren't big enough so it scrushes agianst my leg when i walk or ride my bike.

4. i just want proper sound quality, this might be one of the most important things. i dont need like, completely audiophile-grade headphones, because i wont hear the difference on my mp3's and medium quality spotify files, as well as with my untrained ears, but i'd just like, a proper, punchy bass, good highs and like, decent mids if possible, i mainly listen to house, very little hardstyle and dubstep, but some, some trance and pop, and basicly everything inbetween.

5. they gutta be stonk. i kinda tend to wreck things in the long run, so if there's like a good carrying case and perhaps metal headbands that would be great, if not, its no prob. but i would like a good build quality.

also, i'll be buying them in 6-12 months sinc e i'm saving up for a gaming pc first, so if you got anny suggestions about things still to come, they're welcome too!

i hope you guys can help me, now igtg,since it's about 2 past midnight here, but i'll check on this thread tomorrow after school. and good luck finding anything for the demanding person i am ;P

also, linus if you ever happen to read this, or slick for that matter, i love you guys :P (and the other crew of course!)

welcome

sennheiser hd518?

would you wear 518 in public their open arnt they? everyone would hear the music

Gaming rig: CPU: I5-2500K GPU: EVGA 660TI 3GB SC+ RAM: Corsair 8GB Vengence 1600MHz SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo Keyboard: Razer Black Widow ultimate Mouse: Logitech MX Master Monitor: 2x Acer 21.5 inch

Laptop Dell 7559: CPU: i7-6700HQ GPU: GTX 960M 4GB RAM: 8GB 1600MHz

ATH-M50x Headphones. They fall in your budget, they look pretty nice in my opinion, and they punch above their price point in terms of sound quality.

http://eu.audio-technica.com/en/products/product.asp?catID=5&subID=39&prodID=4596

There are also the Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears that Linus reviewed. I've sampled some myself, and for fashion headphones, they really do sound good. 

http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/momentum-on-ear

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

logitech ue9000 - they are wireless the ue 6000 are not and the ue4000 is a waste of money

V-moda crosfade LP

V-Moda crossfade Lp2

V-moda m-100 (more expensivew)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

ATH-M50?

HD558?

Would recommend, or else anything in the 150 price range from Beyer Dynamic, Sennheiser and Dennon (Audio Technica have a bit to)

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

I love mine :D

Yeah, there great. Unfortunately I had a pair for a while, then had to sell it to get my 7970.  Great all round IMO. Especially for the price.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

:(

The build and sound quality is amazing, especially considering I got mine for $100.

No point having great sound at 2 FPS. I have a pair of 50 buck sennheisers which are pretty awesome for the price. IMO better than most gaming headsets. Need a new pair still though, might get a pair again.

hey guys, thanks for all the replies! i didn't expect to get so mann, but anyways, somebody reccomended anything from beyerdynamic, and i did find the custom one pro

s which i quite like the looks of, but how does their sound compare to the price of 200 dollars?

Are you a basshead (like big booming bass)? If not, don't go for M50 or Vmoda (forgot which Vmoda that got big booming bass). Their bass is a little overwhelming (at least for me). 

Heard good things about beyers, but never tried one. 

Are you a basshead (like big booming bass)? If not, don't go for M50 or Vmoda (forgot which Vmoda that got big booming bass). Their bass is a little overwhelming (at least for me). 

Heard good things about beyers, but never tried one. 

well, i like a good bass, yes, but i dont really want it to like overrule the other sound. a good bass is pretty important tho, but i do deffinately prefer punchy over boomy.

well, i like a good bass, yes, but i dont really want it to like overrule the other sound. a good bass is pretty important tho, but i do deffinately prefer punchy over boomy.

Then I think the M50 would be good for you. The bass drowns a little range of lower mids, but still got quite good mids and highs (not as clear as their open back products though). Quite stylish too. But then again, people say that it's kinda overpriced, meaning you can get better pair with that price. Maybe sennheiser would be another good choice. Sennheisers usually have good designs too.

Well, best thing is to find a headphone store that got various demo units, and try a few of them yourself. 

my vote goes for the seenheiser momentums (I love mine to absolute bits, after a few weeks of wear in they are so comfy)

or the v-modas which as very compact

the custom one pros are great, especially the adaptable bass (slick has them too) thought they are quite large and heavy to carry around 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

my vote goes for the seenheiser momentums (I love mine to absolute bits, after a few weeks of wear in they are so comfy)

or the v-modas which as very compact

the custom one pros are great, especially the adaptable bass (slick has them too) thought they are quite large and heavy to carry around 

problem is that the momentum's are about 300 bucks, 2 the amount i want to spend. also, i have a medium-large sized head, so over the ear headphones wont really work for me (momentum over the ear, which are smaller and cheaper but would just look rather silly). weight isn't a huge problem for me i dont think, i generally will carry them around in my backpack, but how long do you recon i would be able to wear them on my head comfortably when doing normal movements (no running etc, but just walking, sitting etc.)? i wouldn't wear them like, full days, but it must be comfortable for a few hours in a row.

problem is that the momentum's are about 300 bucks, 2 the amount i want to spend. also, i have a medium-large sized head, so over the ear headphones wont really work for me (momentum over the ear, which are smaller and cheaper but would just look rather silly). weight isn't a huge problem for me i dont think, i generally will carry them around in my backpack, but how long do you recon i would be able to wear them on my head comfortably when doing normal movements (no running etc, but just walking, sitting etc.)? i wouldn't wear them like, full days, but it must be comfortable for a few hours in a row.

I meant (and I use myself) the cheaper on ear versions. i have a large head too and I think they look great - I wear mine 5-6 hours sometimes and forget they are one 

The custom one pros I imagine are similar to my logitech g35, the weight is more, I tend to get fatigue after an hour or 2, also the fake leather ear pads make me sweat and on a warm day makes my ears and hair wet - 

perhaps look for headphones with cloth ear pads if you intend to wear them for long periods - it really aids with comfort, its softer on the skin, and is much cooler

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you can find them for the price, CHC Silverados. If not, have a look at the Creative Aurvana Live! 2 (strange name, I know).