Tablet for Business

Schmarvin

Okay, I'd like to start by saying that I'll only be using this tablet as a mobile device for my business. As such, it won't be playing games or watching movies. I'll be using it to browse the internet, update my client files and portfolio, bill clients, track time and expenses, and email.

I was looking at the ASUS VivoTab TF810C (11.6") w/ the Docking Station.

It says up to about 12 hours of battery life, which would be perfect.

I need it to be able to last at least 8-10 hours. My price range is about $600. Willing to increase if the tablet works well enough.

The reason I'm not interested in the surface is price. I also got to test drive one of them, and the battery life for productivity is about 6-8 hours. And for the Surface 2 Pro (only version with full Windows 8), you get about 4-6. I understand that is has a Core i5 in it, but I'm interested in battery life and full windows.

Check out the Dell Venue Pro line, as well as the Lenovo line. Both are good.

I highly doubt the Asus will actually reach its claimed battery life specs. Most devices don't. My laptop is rated for over 9 hours, it gets maybe 6.

The VivoTab is only rated for 10.5. I'd just buy a battery pack and charge it from that as needed, unless you also plan on buying one of the dock accessories.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Asus T100 is in your budget and has 10 hour battery life.

Don't get the vivotab it uses old atom which was veeeeery slow.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

dell venue 8 pro, generally gets 6-8 hours, full windows.

source: personal experience.

I've played around with the Venue 8 Pro, I like it, but it doesn't include anything. No tablet, docking station, software. If I was going for an android tablet, I'd be interested in the Venue.

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VivoTab-TF810C-C1-GR-11-6-Inch-Tablet/dp/B009F1IOJO what was wrong with vivo tab this one is peak of budget, but 64gb and is your company covering it

Nothing was wrong with the VivoTab, and its my company, I own and run my company, so I'd be buying it.

Check out the Dell Venue Pro line, as well as the Lenovo line. Both are good.

I highly doubt the Asus will actually reach its claimed battery life specs. Most devices don't. My laptop is rated for over 9 hours, it gets maybe 6.

The VivoTab is only rated for 10.5. I'd just buy a battery pack and charge it from that as needed, unless you also plan on buying one of the dock accessories.

The lenovo line does look nice. The Miix 2 starts at just $499. A tablet that comes with the dock for that price would be great, like the VivoTab or Miix 2.

Asus T100 is in your budget and has 10 hour battery life.

Don't get the vivotab it uses old atom which was veeeeery slow.

The T100 looked nice. And the fact that it can come with a 500GB hard drive in the dock is awesome. Especially for $400. Looks like I may go with this, would love to see if I can find a test model to play around with first though.

The T100 looked nice. And the fact that it can come with a 500GB hard drive in the dock is awesome. Especially for $400. Looks like I may go with this, would love to see if I can find a test model to play around with first though.

Remember that hdd in the dock cuts battery life by almost 2 hours when you consider it.  :)

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Remember that hdd in the dock cuts battery life by almost 2 hours when you consider it.  :)

But I can swap it to an SSD. I'm just looking at the availability for more storage.

But I can swap it to an SSD. I'm just looking at the availability for more storage.

That is actually a nice idea.

Spoiler

That is actually a nice idea.

I mean, I've got dozens of spare SSDs lying around.

iPad air or Samsungs Galaxy Tab Pro line

problem with that A ipad sucks for buisness and dosent use full windows as suggested B the samsung also sucks for buisness and its android!

he wants windows!

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

problem with that A ipad sucks for buisness and dosent use full windows as suggested B the samsung also sucks for buisness and its android!

he wants windows!

I DONT CARE!!!!!

apple.com

I DONT CARE!!!!!

I wasnt trying to offend not trying to be a hater sorry. I will give you props though because the ipad air is thiner and lighter than anything else mentioned.

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Look into the Dell venue 11 pro, it has many available accessories like a docking station. Otherwise the asus t100 is still a good option, and value. Samsung's tab pro line is also good too and should be more than capable of meeting your needs!

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to those of you who replied with suggestions. I ended up getting the ASUS T100. It is a great buy and have not had an issue with it. It has full Windows 8.1, which is what I needed.

The reason I did not go with an iPad? I dislike Apple products. They are over-priced and expensive to repair.

The Dell Venue, looks like a good tablet, I got my hands on one to try, but it was a bit heavy and was terrible on battery life for the price.

The Samsung Tab, pricey as well, but running android.

The reason I have to have a full Windows 8.1 tablet (not RT), is due to requiring Silverlight and Microsoft DotNET Framework 4.5 for a few EMR (Electronic Medical Records) for a few of my clients. (I work for doctors in my area to support their IT needs)

Although most EMR are cloud-based solutions, the was to connect to their clouds are different.

The ASUS T100 is great on battery life for what I do, about 8-10 hours. It has full 8.1 capabilities (aside from joining domains, which I have a workaround for). It comes with a keyboard for free! Which I love. It actually locks in, unlike the Surface Pro, which was expensive, had no keyboard included (keyboard was $100), and was only held together by a magnet.

Thanks to everyone for helping me.