Nexus 5 gets full port of HTC Sense 6, many things already working

ETRJ

Many Android enthusiasts buy the Nexus line of devices not for the low price, but for stock Android. It’s pretty much the only way to get stock Android and quick updates straight from Google anymore, though the Moto X comes fairly close. The pure Google experience is something special, a light and fast interface with its own quirks and bugs but a feel like no other version of Android.

Though this is true for many, Nexus devices are also all about modifying the software in the most outrageous way possible. This means the devices will see ports of pretty much every ROM possible, and the latest to be ported to the Nexus 5 is HTC Sense 6. Yes, the full ROM from the HTC One (M8) has been ported to the latest Nexus smartphone.

This port is in its alpha stage at the moment, meaning it can not be used as a daily driver. However, many of the important things are already working:

•Touchscreen

•SIM card detection

•SMS and phone calls RIL

•WiFi

•Internal SD Card

•Vibration

•Bluetooth

•Sensors (Light/Orientation/Proximity)

http://androidandme.com/2014/04/news/nexus-5-gets-full-port-of-htc-sense-6-many-things-already-working/

why would u want anything other than the stock android experience with the exception of cyanagon mod i thought the stock android is way better than any other phone manufacture skin i dont really see any point to this :S

just for fun sounds good but i wouldnt do it to my poor nexus :P

PC Gaming forever...

just for fun sounds good but i wouldnt do it to my poor nexus :P

why would u want anything other than the stock android experience with the exception of cyanagon mod i thought the stock android is way better than any other phone manufacture skin i dont really see any point to this :S

At least its not touch wiz...

At least its not touch wiz...

Yeah you got that right.

PC Gaming forever...

it arguably the best skin u can put on android. sometimes people get bored of stock like me and just try different things out every week:P

touch wiz can go right to hell!

I would pick the Sense 6.0 camera app over the google android app any day of the week.

But I like Google Now over Blinkfeed...

Much decisions, many doubts

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning