should i buy this cpu

That's not a good deal... At all? A 4670k, if you wait for a sale, goes to 200 bucks.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

That's not a good deal... At all? A 4670k, if you wait for a sale, goes to 200 bucks.

ok when is the 4670k on sale

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I would pay the extra $20 and purchase one from a reputable retailer.

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

im going to get a GTX 760 for $150 from my friend when the 800 series come out

Auction too...

i have a question what is the difference between auction and stock price from newegg and such

I would pay the extra $20 and purchase one from a reputable retailer.

im cheap i dont even like sales tax

well if you live near a microcenter a 4670k is 189.99

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

He lives in Korea

yikes, sorry did not know that sorry@TheOddOne i would save up more and just get a 4670k since it is not that much more(last time i looked)

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

i have a question what is the difference between auction and stock price from newegg and such

on eBay everyone gets to bid on the object that is being sold. Who ever is willing to pay the most, wins. 

On a website like Newegg, it's a set price. The only people who can change the price is Newegg themselves. 

Hopefully I explained that good enough. 

yikes, sorry did not know that sorry@TheOddOne i would save up more and just get a 4670k since it is not that much more(last time i looked)

And newer socket with newer features and yada yada yada 

No, it's not a good deal.

Newegg currently has an i5-4670K for $20 off from $239, making it $220. Now this I would buy if I was you.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

im cheap i dont even like sales tax

Having that kind of mentality when it comes to electronics and PC hardware usually bites you in the ass eventually...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

Having that kind of mentality when it comes to electronics and PC hardware usually bites you in the ass eventually...

But 90% of the time it works.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

It depends on where you live really. If your in America, thats not a good deal. Anywhere else, I'm sure its an okay deal.

But 90% of the time it works.

Being cheap and looking for sales is good.  Being cheap and buying unreliable products with brand names you've never heard of can cause issues lol

Why not go for a AMD processor if you are money worried?

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

i live in south korea

what kind of Ad pick dom you have?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I think the first question should be, do you already have a LGA1155 motherboard or are you starting fresh? The 4670K is a LGA1150 CPU and is only compatible with LGA1150 motherboards, and is not backwards compatible with LGA1155 motherboards.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

get a 4670k at Microcenter for 190

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014