Is aairport security going to give me a hard time?

Nicolas
Go to solution Solved by MrYuriy,

So I'm on vacation and I found a good deal on some ram, an ssd and a 212 EVO, so now I want to know if I would have any trouble passing airport security with the heatsink?, I know its ok for the ram and ssd but since the cooler has some screws inside and stuff idk.

BTW I'm taking this stuff in my hand bag, that's why I'm wondering, soo yeah, should I take it in my hand bag or in the luggage?

Yes, they are going to care about the 212 EVO if you are trying to have it on-hand. Even in its original box.

Definitely put it in your luggage. They still might want to check it, but they will allow it in its original box.

So I'm on vacation and I found a good deal on some ram, an ssd and a 212 EVO, so now I want to know if I would have any trouble passing airport security with the heatsink?, I know its ok for the ram and ssd but since the cooler has some screws inside and stuff idk.

BTW I'm taking this stuff in my hand bag, that's why I'm wondering, soo yeah, should I take it in my hand bag or in the luggage?

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

yea their going to see it easily they will likely care about the ram and ssd if possible send it by mail or in the bags that go in the cargo area  

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Is it still in the box? I think they might just because the fact it is metal. 

Please quote/tag ( Found by typing @DarrenP) In all posts directed at me. I do not check my current content. 

Intel Core i7-4790K - Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866Mhz - EVGA GTX 980 - 256GB MX100 - 2TB WD RED - 900D - H100I - Corsair HX1050 - DNS 320L 2x2TB Seagate Barracuda 

put it in your luggage, wouldn't entertain trying to take it on in hand luggage

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Is it still in the box? I think they might just because the fact it is metal.

Yes everything is still in the box

MSI Z87-GD65 - GTX 760 DirectCU II - i5 4670k @4.0GHz - 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866 MHz

youll be fine. Ive taken worse things through airport security. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Yes, they are going to care about the 212 EVO if you are trying to have it on-hand. Even in its original box.

Definitely put it in your luggage. They still might want to check it, but they will allow it in its original box.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

So would they still care about the ram and the ssd? I think that would be fine but you never know

So would they still care about the ram and the ssd? I think that would be fine but you never know

No, they will not care about those 2. They will want to open the boxes, but that's as far as they would go.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I would stick the cooler in your luggage just to be safe.

I would stick the cooler in your luggage just to be safe.

Alright then

Put everything in your luggage, it won't break by doing that.

I would, but the reason why I don't want to is really long and I don't want to type it cause I'm on my phone, but yeah I got reasons