Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Scanner Spoofing

DavidTheWin

http://hexus.net/mobile/news/android/68749-samsung-galaxy-s5-fingerprint-sensor-easily-bypassed-video/

Apparently Samsung hasn't learned from Apple and others, their fingerprint sensor can be fooled by a wood glue fingerprint and with the tighter integration of the fingerprint sensor into apps like Paypal, spoofing the user's fingerprint could give even greater levels of access than before.

If you use a fingerprint for paypal you are an idiot. simple as that.... even the best fingerprint sensors can be fooled and this seems to be no exception. Always stick to passwords

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Oh gee, another smartphone fingerprint scanner got fooled, what a twist... Seriously, these things are there so you don't have to type the unlock password each time, not to protect your data.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I've seen reviewers try and use the fingerprint scanner and just not be able to get it to work. It's a terrible attempt to match Apple's effort with regards to unlocking the phone but the idea of using it in different apps is intriguing... to bad its rubbish. 

i guess Samsung just wanted to have it in their phones,,,arent they just becoming apple's puppy,,, im glad i change to nexus :unsure:

PC Gaming forever...

Oh gee, another smartphone fingerprint scanner got fooled, what a twist... Seriously, these things are there so you don't have to type the unlock password each time, not to protect your data.

if that where the case, why not just have a button? Or even just no password whatsoever. It is there to protect your data from unwanted use just like a password is. There is no denying that

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Gee, what a shocker. My sister's Lenovo laptop has a fingerprint scanner, and I think I registered all of my fingers for it once, but it stopped working, and I didn't bother to redo it. So, it's no surprise to me that they still have many faults.

My sister, who is in college now, wondered if you would be able to log in with it if you cut the registered person's finger off and used that.

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

My sister, who is in college now, wondered if you would be able to log in with it if you cut the registered person's finger off and used that.

This won't work on newer scanners as they have implemented sensors for bloodflow.

144Hz goodness

if that where the case, why not just have a button? Or even just no password whatsoever. It is there to protect your data from unwanted use just like a password is. There is no denying that

Sorry, meant to write "crucial data" in that post, not something that is linked to your bank account. I personally never bothered using a passcode on my phone before I got 5S, but since I don't really have to do anything to unlock it - why not?

Protection from your crazy ex-girlfriend, okay?

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

This won't work on newer scanners as they have implemented sensors for bloodflow.

See, that's what she thought would happen, but, obviously, we couldn't try it. :P

Why is the God of Hyperdeath SO...DARN...CUTE!?

Also, if anyone has their mind corrupted by an anthropomorphic black latex bat, please let me know. I would like to join you.

this guys such a monotone choppy robot

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)