hi all, 

sorry for taking your time, but this will just be a short question

as of this moment, i just purchased the following items : 

G1 Sniper Z87 mobo
Gtx 770 4Gb (Gigabyte)
Silverstone Strider Gold S , Psu 850 watt
i5 4670K
Fractal Design Arc Midi r2

i have not yet installed or setup them yet as i am running short on money for the remaining items (hdd, memory ram, dvd)

as for now i do not have plans to pursue for water cooling.

so the main question is this, which cpu cooler should i opt for (budget is not an issue here but cooling temp and quality construction is, as i am living in a tropical country : warm and humid, close to equator) 

so i really need something that is really stand out and effective in terms of air cooling. Should i go for fans that have air flow which is concentrated ? or go for more spreaded out ones? (due to my geological location)

any recommendations for air cooling coolers for my cpu ? (please take into account my mobo layout in conjunction with my casing, as i will be getting memory rams with heatsinks)

as well as other factors whether will it be too long for my casing, causing me to be unable to close it. i do not want to spend on something that might ended up not being the best for my system

just be honest with me i can take any criticism, honest opinions

do mention your experience or any related rumours relating to my issue here if you have so.

the psu is way overkill. get a 650w or even 550 if you dont want to sli later.

cooling wise i'd start with a hyper 212 or go crazy and get a h100i.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

rams with big heatsinks will get in the way of aircooling

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

I like liquid coolers as you don't have issues with clearances, otherwise a CM 212 or similar work great, make sure you get an SSD, any new build should have one. 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

the psu is way overkill. get a 650w or even 550 if you dont want to sli later.

cooling wise i'd start with a hyper 212 or go crazy and get a h100i.

i bought it with the intention to SLI , furthermore the gpu was said to be needing 600 watts on their official website.

+ i do not have the intention or want to go for watercooling currently

I like liquid coolers as you don't have issues with clearances, otherwise a CM 212 or similar work great, make sure you get an SSD, any new build should have one. 

is there any other choice? somehow CM212 doesnt seem convincing to me

i bought it with the intention to SLI , furthermore the gpu was said to be needing 600 watts on their official website.

+ i do not have the intention or want to go for watercooling currently

is there any other choice? somehow CM212 doesnt seem convincing to me

H80i, H100i

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

NOT GOING for  water cooling please.. 

i mentioned there twice

NOT GOING for  water cooling please.. 

i mentioned there twice

The H100i is a closed-loop CPU water-cooler that requires no maintainance and is much much more efficient than air-cooling. You just fit it and forget it. It costs about as much as a performance heat-sink (less if you use the stock fans).

Not having a huge heatsink in your case is also more convenient and helps airflow through the case for general cooling.

You asked for feedback...that's feedback.

;)

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

moreover my motherboard has a weight limit of 450g for cpu cooler

and cm 212 evo seem to weight even more

The H100i is a closed-loop CPU water-cooler that requires no maintainance and is much much more efficient than air-cooling. You just fit it and forget it. It costs about as much as a performance heat-sink (less if you use the stock fans).

Not having a huge heatsink in your case is also more convenient and helps airflow through the case for general cooling.

You asked for feedback...that's feedback.

;)

ok guru meditation , i get what you mean now

i have always thought watercooling requires very detailed planning, and is subject to alot risk of leaking and etc. which i do not want to consider at the moment as it be the first time i for me in setting up this pc , trying to minimize things that might potentially screw everything over.

Be quiet dark Rock pro 3

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i have always thought watercooling requires very detailed planning, and is subject to alot risk of leaking and etc. which i do not want to consider at the moment as it be the first time i for me in setting up this pc , trying to minimize things that might potentially screw everything over.

I feel the same way about it but I've been using an H100i and it's brilliant. I've had absolutely no problems with it, it's completely sealed and requires no maintenance, and it's very very efficient. I've just modified the roof of my case to upgrade to an H110. :0)

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I feel the same way about it but I've been using an H100i and it's brilliant. I've had absolutely no problems with it, it's completely sealed and requires no maintenance, and it's very very efficient. I've just modified the roof of my case to upgrade to an H110. :0)

erm what about as time passes? does the liquid inside gets condensed into air ?

and do have to purchase anything else for this to work with ? erm like a reservoir tank or etc etc....

The H100i is a phenomenal All in One Liquid Cooler, I simply love it. I can barely hear it when my pc is on, and my pc is on my table ~40centimeters from my head. Put a headset on, some music, no problems at all. :D

I did have one problem with it, at the beginning it was locked at max fan speed, which was weird, but I played around in the bios with my Maximus VI Formula mobo and I just set all fans to silent, and the Q-Fan mode to advanced, ever since, no problems.

Pretty much as Our lovely Guru of.. well, meditation there said. I'm a first time builder and this past weekend I build my first ever custom rig, including watercooling with the h100i.

As a first timer, it was a little bit tideous because I kinda forgot about the manual and installed the wrong offsets first, but meh :P

Read it, find the screw, and it'll only take a few minutes even for first timers, trust me :D

and do have to purchase anything else for this to work with ? erm like a reservoir tank or etc etc....

the H100i is a closed liquid cooler. The only time you will need to buy something for it, will be when it breaks down. which I imagine will take a couple years.

other than that, depending on your airflow, you'll have to clean the fins once in a while

the H100i is a closed liquid cooler. The only time you will need to buy something for it, will be when it breaks down. which I imagine will take a couple years.

other than that, depending on your airflow, you'll have to clean the fins once in a while

what do you use to clean the fins? 

i know people use air gun, but whats the alternative :D

what do you use to clean the fins? 

i know people use air gun, but whats the alternative :D

To be honest I have no clue. 

But for this pc, I'd kill for it to work properly :P

I'll build that bridge when I get to the gap :D

If you want it to be silent get the Noctua NH-U14s it is compatable with your mobo and any ram or for the best performance get the NH-D14 or NH-D15 and get low profile memory, it also gives similar performance to the h100i (h100i has better performance) but it is very very quiet unlike the h100i (which in terms of silent cooling, is loud). You also get to say you have a noctua cooler aswell, but everyone and their mum has a h100i :P no offence h100i owners as it is IMO the best AIO. But I just prefer air.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

There's nothing you can add to it or replace, apart from the fans on the radiator (some people see that as a drawback and there are other models from other companies that let you open the loop to add more stuff if you want to, but the Corsair range of closed-loop coolers don't allow that), it's just a single, closed loop/circuit.

Here's a link to a review of one with a picture of it... http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cooling/2012/12/05/corsair-h100i-review/1

I've read they last about five years. Maybe because of the moving parts in the pump, maybe because of evaporation? I'm not really sure about that, or if that five year estimate is correct (they basically have a five year warranty).

I've got an H100i but I'm upgrading to an H110 (the H110 doesn't have as many features as the H100i it just has a larger radiator and that's really all I need).

To be honest I don't mind using a closed-loop especially since I trust Corsair as a manufacturer but if it really bothers you that much and causes you that much worry and stress I'd say just go with air-cooling. It's good to have better performance but if it's just going to be stressing you out all the time it just wouldn't be worth it.

If you do decide to go for a closed-loop my advice would be to buy it brand-new from a reputable retailer and keep all of the receipts, documentation etc. so that if you did have a leakage problem there'd be no question that you'd be fully covered by the guarantee. Based on their track record with their PSUs I think there's a good chance Corsair might reimburse you if one of their products fails and destroys your system (but obviously I can't guarantee that, it just gives you better overall odds of maintaining a working system to buy that stuff new and retain all the documentation).

As for cleaning the radiator you can used gas duster / canned air.

i think i would just go for air cooling first at the moment.......

does anyone have any website or reference to see if any huge cpu air cooler fits on any particular mobo ? 

in addition, does not crash or hinder with the memory ram as well...

or its too huge that i couldnt close my case (fractal design arc midi r2)

He said money isn't a problem but performance is important, the 212 doesn't give great performance, it's pretty bad compared to the high end solutions.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

He said money isn't a problem but performance is important, the 212 doesn't give great performance, it's pretty bad compared to the high end solutions.

He has issues with clearance which is why i said that over noctua. Also if you would read the part that said "Liquid coolers" that's what i implied he should go with and an H100i, X60 are not budget coolers. But he wanted air. 

noctua nh d15 should be fine if u have low rams and make sure that your case is able to accommodate the 165mm height of the cooler

HTTP 404 = Server cannot be reached please try again later, try refreshing(F5) the page or re-enable your wireless

just a simple follow up question , if i were to go for watercooling , what about condensation and evaporation of the hardware, does it happen/ have any impact on its longevity and etc whatever related?

do take note that i am lving in a warm and humid tropical country.

additionally, is it recommended to opt for watercooling if i dont overclock at all ? , i just want to keep low temps on the cpu due to warm ambient temperature.

(i do know that low temps are not too good either as it creates water particles.)