54% of Steam games played for less than an hour, 36,9% never even played

KakaoDj

Kitguru article

Hexus article

This graph contains some interresting stats. 36.9% of games are never played, while 17% is played less than 1 hour. This is what happens when games cost less than a song (thank you based humble bundle and holiday sales)   :lol:  I can certainly relate to this graph, although games i have never even installed make up over 50% of my library. Kinda sad really  :( I am apparently a herder...

Check your percentage of unplayed games here: http://steamdb.info/calculator/

stats.jpg

b3155d65-f9ed-4ca8-9c4a-5062f0859aa9.png50c4f3b7-56cf-4d00-ac16-1d8608f0dc58.png

I'm doing my best to contribute to that percentage every Steam Sale that comes.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

This does not shock me but I am doing everything on my end to start playing all my games more often. I finally over the last 6 months maybe more have gotten back to enjoying gaming and all my games will be played for over an hour before the end of the summer for sure. Thanks KakaoDj for providing this article.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

lol my graph is much worse than that

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

I blame humble bundles for my lack of game play, so many games for just $5 USD.

Use the quote or multiquote, for faster responses \/ \/

My line of thinking: Fallout New Vegas only 2$? Well I'm sure one day when I'll have no internet for a while that'll be the perfect game to keep me busy. 

Some say he is still waiting for that day...

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Humble Bundles, GMG, GamersGate, various seasonal Steam sales, Amazon.com and more plus me not playing enough games for years = many games of mine played too little.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Kitguru article

This graph contains some interresting stats. 36.9% of games are never played, while 17% is played less than 1 hour. This is what happens when games cost less than a song  :lol:  I can certainly relate to this graph, although games i have never even installed make up over 50% of my library. Kinda sad really  :( I am apparently a herder...

stats.jpg

There's only room for 1 C/Kac/kao in this forum! Impostor! 

/joke

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I have bought TONS of games off steam even when i have the disc version, on a shelf, next to the chair I sit in, just because it was like 80% off

Also yeah bundles, sometimes they are games I already own/have played/dont really like

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

*Takes a look at his steam list*

- Modern Warfare 2 - 178 hours

- Borderlands - 24 hours

- Deus Ex Human Revolution - 23 hours

- Just Cause 2 - 23 hours

- Two worlds II - 3 hours

- The Witcher II - 14 hours

- Skyrim - 821 hours

- Like 20 other games - 0 hours

Yep, on average it sounds about right.

-------

Current Rig

-------

There's only room for 1 C/Kac/kao in this forum! Impostor! 

/joke

I'm your DJ  ;)  ;)

It's usually that I buy a bundle for 1 game and 7 useless games comes with the few bucks I pay for it.

I've only installed and played half of my steam games.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

It's because we spoil ourselves and then we forget to appreciate our games. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

1 game for >1400h

2 games for >300h

1 game for >200h

4 games for >100h

4 games for >10h

9 games for <10h (including crap I didn't pay for and don't care about, like Dota2 Test and Magicka Wizard Wars which I guess is only in my Library because of a sale. I didn't add it, never played Magicka.)

There are only 2 games I bought individually that I played for less than 10hours. The others were free or came with other games I played the crap out of.

Yeah, I must be in the minority here.

Can't be helped when they greenlight a shitload of terrible games and there are plenty of ultra-cheap/free games. On top of that, many games created are a play once and dump sort of thing. I can only thank Bethesda and games w/strong online multiplayer for anything beyond ~15-20 hours.

My line of thinking: Fallout New Vegas only 2$? Well I'm sure one day when I'll have no internet for a while that'll be the perfect game to keep me busy. 

Some say he is still waiting for that day...

I promise you F:NV is worth playing through, rainy day or no.  I hated it upon launch due to all the bugs and I found the opening quests to be dull.  But I went back to it 6 months later and from then on it became one of the best RPG worlds I've ever experienced.

Yeah, I have a bunch of crap on my steam to, though I at least launch them and play for like 5 mins, if its worth the time I can waste on something I may enjoy more

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

-nom-

Yeah, MW2 around 800, skyrim and borderlands 2 around 80...

Hell, my Game dev tycoon has more hours than all bioshocks combined...

And my counterstrike is shown in minutes :D

I've only launched 37% of my games according to steam calculator.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|