It gets easier to hate on Oculus with the latest story.

DeViLzzz

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/oculus-creator-if-you-can-perfectly-simulate-reality-why-do-you-need-to-actually-go-see-people-in-real-life/1100-6419008/

Palmer Luckey: ".. why do you need to actually go see people in real life ..." :o

I am actually a person who has been a shut in and has had huge anxiety issues and no even if I struggle in life to have quality relationships and am afraid seriously I never thought of saying hey I will just replace real life interaction with VR. Seriously wth?!?!?!

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Unless you surgically add another 2 eyes 

the eyes still have to focus on something. Even if your fov is high you can only clearly see one particular spot in your fov at a time. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Unless you surgically add another 2 eyes 

I wonder what the FOV of a horse is, or a spider for that matter.

Moved eyes vs more eyes..

the eyes still have to focus on something. Even if your fov is high you can only clearly see one particular spot in your fov at a time. 

No, close one eye and your FOV decreases, open it again and you gain peripheral on that side, if you added more eyes around the side you could effectively achieve panoramic vision.

I'm only counting this because peripheral vision in humans is pretty good IMO.

To quote the Big Bang Theory

"Leonard: Sheldon, think this through. You're going to ask Howard to choose between sex and Halo.

Sheldon: No, I'm going to ask him to choose between sex and Halo 3. As far as I know sex has not been upgraded to include high-def graphics and enhanced weapons systems.

Leonard: You're right, all sex has is nudity, orgasms and human contact.

Sheldon: My point."

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Its a philosophical question: If you can trick your brain into perceiving reality where there is none, what difference is it to you? Regardless of what you know, its what makes you most content, socially or economically that is most important. Thats what I believe Luckey is saying. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

I wonder what the FOV of a horse is, or a spider for that matter.

Moved eyes vs more

No, close one eye and your FOV decreases, open it again and you gain peripheral on that side, if you added more eyes around the side you could effectively achieve panoramic vision.

I'm only counting this because peripheral vision in humans is pretty good IMO.

Maybe in the future their could be something like the oculus that you wear while you walk around your normal life that zoom's in,Adjusts Fov,Auto adjust's, ETC like a camera almost

Because there will always be some aspect that we don't take into consideration. We can't ever make a perfect reality because that would take infinite analytical skills.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Because there will always be some aspect that we don't take into consideration. We can't ever make a perfect reality because that would take infinite analytical skills.

It would just be close enough like Wikipedia.

It would just be close enough like Wikipedia.

but there'd always be the tiny teacher in the back of your mind yelling that it's not a valid source

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

but there'd always be the tiny teacher in the back of your mind yelling that it's not a valid source

Yeah, and some guy you don't know quietly editing shit.

maybe the movie Gamer will come true after all

I for one would love to control Gerard Butler going into battle

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why hate on him for that? I actually agree with him on this.

Why be in the real world if you could simulate the same or a better world?

And that's how LSD addictions begin ;) but seriously, I think OP needs to relax a little bit. Every friggin thing is offensive to one tiny demographic that no one foresaw. So much over the top political correctness these days.

wow i cant believe he actually said that nothing can compare to going out with the boys drinking feeling your body sweat your muscles moving its like a work out lol so much fun in a club seeing new amazingly hot girls wtf this is why tech enthusiasts get a bad name and are avoided!

And that's how LSD addictions begin ;) but seriously, I think OP needs to relax a little bit. Every friggin thing is offensive to one tiny demographic that no one foresaw. So much over the top political correctness these days.

People look for things to complain about anymore, I mean the guy is proposing this to save resources and time, not to keep everyone from going out.

Here is the way I see it:

Weekend vacation at the beach, drinks with friends at the bar? Physical

2 hour long business meeting somewhere 6 hours away? VR it.

People look for things to complain about anymore, I mean the guy is proposing this to save resources and time, not to keep everyone from going out.

Here is the way I see it:

Weekend vacation at the beach, drinks with friends at the bar? Physical

2 hour long business meeting somewhere 6 hours away? VR it.

Yep, couldn't agree more. Some situations VR would trump visiting, as an engineer I need to inspect all work carried out by workers to ensure they didn't fuck something up. It would be so much more helpful if I could sit at my desk and do it, rather than waste a few hours in a car and save money on toll's, petrol etc.