Mechanical keyboard spacebar cap

Hi,

I am looking for a different spacebar shape on my logitech G710+.

The stock spacebar is to edgy and to far away from my thumb to put my thumb comfortably on the spacebar.

This is REALLY annoying in shooters where you need to jump a lot.

This is how it is:

logitech_g710plus_angle.png

And thits is more or less how I'd like it to be:

steelseries-apex-gaming-keyboard.jpg

I'd like to have the spacebar less edgy and pointing more towards me.

Can someone help me finding a replacement keycap? :)

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

I don't think there is such a keycap that extends the spacebar out

Always jump with mousewheel. - csgo tips.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I don't think there is such a keycap that extends the spacebar out

I don't know either after some intense searching. Thats why I am asking :P

Allready binded to something else, but thanks for the tip.

Quite annoying to jump with the scrollwheel when you still want to use LMB and RMB while jumping. I also want to use the spacebar for it, because it's to miss :P

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Quite annoying to jump with the scrollwheel when you still want to use LMB and RMB while jumping. I also want to use the spacebar for it, because it's to miss :P

Well you have 4 fingers so you can use first finger for lmb middle one for wheel and ring finger for rmb. Train hard.  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Not sure you can magically make the bottom of your keyboard extend. (Joking aside, I've never heard of a concept such as that, you could jurryrig something with ducktape.)

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My hands are to big for that trick (thats what she said?).

I can also train to put my hand more claw like on my keyboard, but it just isn't comfortable enough. Thats the whole problem : )

If nothing helps, I can buy a standard Cherry MX spacebar and mod it to be a bit extended. Not planning to do that with my original spacebar :P

try flipping your spacebar around.

That won't work. It will bump against other keys.

What this dude said! Jumping with mousewheel up has been around for years and years, get on board! Change weapons with 1,2,3,4 you don't need the scrollwheel!

Actually, I play world of tanks most of the time. It isn't really jumping :P

How my situation really is:

As shown, I use a Logitech G710+ mechanical keyboard.

I also have a Logitech G3 mouse (yeah oldschool :D) with a few macros.

I use the macro's of the G710+ to communicate with Teamspeak (push to talk) and I use them as command hotkeys to communicate with my team (comparable to the infamous "are you crazy?" "Yes Sir!" from CoD2), so my pinkey finger is busy enough.

To get into sniper mode, the default button is 'shift'. since my pinky finger is allready in use, and my thumb does absolutly nothing (tanks cant jump), I'd like to relocate the sniper mode button from 'shift' to 'spacebar'.

On my mouse, I allready have the message that im reloading, a button to reload and a button to mark my targets. The scrollwheel is in use to zoom in and out (also in and out of sniper mode if you zoom in enough). (and RMB and LMB are obviously also in use to shoot and lock my target)

Since I use a zoom out mod, you need to scroll a freakin lot to get into sniper mode. If i press space, I can jump into sniper mode instantly.

My hands are big, so I can't rest my thumb comfortably on a standard cherry MX keyboard which I really want to.

I am searching for a solution to shits problem, and found out that my spacebar keycap is simply the wrong shape for my hand. If there are any other possibility's, I'd like to look into them. but changing my keybindings won't really work since all of my macro's are allready in use and I do not want to change my style of gaming :P