RRoD 360: What should I do with it?

RASQ

I have a 360 with the red ring of death. It's been laying around for a couple years because I'm not sure what to do with it. Does anyone know for sure how much it costs to fix? Probably not worth it but I figured I'd ask. If I don't repair it is it just trash? It's a full sized, black "Elite" model circa 2008ish in case anyone is wondering.

If its the GPU/CPU you will have to get it re-balled for it to work. Or you could just try and heat-gun the fuck out of it.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.2ghz    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb @ 1600mhz
                                                                                                                      GPU: EVGA FTW SIG2 3GB 660    PSU: Corsair GS800
                                                                                                                                      Motherboard: Asus m5a78lm/usb3

There's a shop near me that fixes it for 60 bucks. It's worth getting it fixed

Throw it, get a PC and join the Majestic  PCMASTERRACE  :D

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

acording to the youtubes and my complete set of skillfull ignorance the rrod is an over heating issue because the used insufecient or bad heat dope. thats what the internet says it also says it can be a bad mother board :P id clean the heatsinks dust bust everything with compresed air and re apply heat compound and give it a whirl if not plug it in and start touching shiney things with a screwdriver thats always cool xD JK BTW NEVER DO THAT

Project black out: cpu: athlon x4 750k @4.7ghz, Mobo: asrock fm2+ a55 vg3+, ram: 1x 8gb hyperx 1866mhz, video card: 1x saphire radeon r9 270x, Storage: 1tb hdd ssd in the future,  cooling: 2 noctua 120mm fans 1 on rad one front intake.

Kill it with fire? Jk, if you can fix it for 20 bucks, you can still play forza

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

If it's cheap to fix then why not?

Plenty of good things on 360 like GTA V, Halo and Forza.

Try heating up the cpu

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

• 2 weeks later...

If you add new thermal paste to the cpu and gpu it will most likely work.

Current Build: CPU: AMD Athlon X4 760K @ 4.0 GHz Motherboard: ASRock FM2A88X Extreme4+ RAM 2 x 4GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Storage: 1 TB and 500 GB Segate Barracuda HDDs GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 760 Case: NZXT Source 210 PSU: Corsair CX 600W