Video Editing With a GTX 750 Ti

Geekazoid
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Unless you're doing some heavy editing, the 750 Ti would be plenty for accelerating encoding which is pretty much the only 'intensive thing' you'll be using it for. 

NOTE TO STAFF: I wasn't sure whether to put this in Graphics Cards or Operating Systems and Software so please move it to the appropriate section if needed. It's not always clear where one should post certain things.

----------------

Hi guys,

I know that it would normally be recommended to get a higher-end GPU for video editing but I'm just wanting to know, of those who own and use a GTX 750 Ti GPU for video editing, say in Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro, how do you find it, does it perform alright?

Thanks in advance for any info given. :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I would get a card that can preform well at openCL since that's being more adopted than cuda. I'd only get an nvidia card if you are doing blender which needs cuda. For premier, get an AMD card or an nvidia card that can preform well at OpenCL, which I think maxwell does quite well at.

NOTE TO STAFF: I wasn't sure whether to put this in Graphics Cards or Operating Systems and Software so please move it to the appropriate section if needed. It's not always clear where one should post certain things.

----------------

Hi guys,

I know that it would normally be recommended to get a higher-end GPU for video editing but I'm just wanting to know, of those who own and use a GTX 750 Ti GPU for video editing, say in Sony Vegas or Premiere Pro, how do you find it, does it perform alright?

Thanks in advance for any info given. :D

I don't currently use it, however, per my previous light testing & benchmarking.. You shouldn't have any problems.

As we both know, it won't be the best or the fastest, but it'll definitely work and be adequate.

However, as an added note, I did not test Sony Vegas Pro with the 750Ti.

Needless to say, I would also take note of what @_ASSASSIN_ mentioned.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I would get a card that can preform well at openCL since that's being more adopted than cuda. I'd only get an nvidia card if you are doing blender which needs cuda. For premier, get an AMD card or an nvidia card that can preform well at OpenCL, which I think maxwell does quite well at.

Yeah, well the GTX 750/750 Ti (Maxwell GPUs) both beat the top-end NVIDIA GPU at OpenCL and Compute performance. So you're saying that one could go for a GTX 750 Ti and it would perform quite well? I only use Sony Vegas for my video editing as I prefer how it operates. :D

Yeah, well the GTX 750/750 Ti (Maxwell GPUs) both beat the top-end NVIDIA GPU at OpenCL and Compute performance. So you're saying that one could go for a GTX 750 Ti and it would perform quite well? I only use Sony Vegas for my video editing as I prefer how it operates. :D

ewwww... I don't know what sony vegas uses. I think they use CUDA.

I don't currently use it, however, per my previous light testing & benchmarking.. You shouldn't have any problems.

As we both know, it won't be the best or the fastest, but it'll definitely work and be adequate.

However, as an added note, I did not test Sony Vegas Pro with the 750Ti.

Needless to say, I would also take note of what @_ASSASSIN_ mentioned.

Well my current GPU is a Galaxy GT 430 w/1GB DDR3 vRAM. This GPU would be for a new build I'm planning.

ewwww... I don't know what sony vegas uses. I think they use CUDA.

Yes, I am pretty confident Sony Vegas Pro uses CUDA.

Yeah, well the GTX 750/750 Ti (Maxwell GPUs) both beat the top-end NVIDIA GPU at OpenCL and Compute performance. So you're saying that one could go for a GTX 750 Ti and it would perform quite well? I only use Sony Vegas for my video editing as I prefer how it operates

@Geekazoid  - I don't know how "well", but yes it'll work fine.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Unless you're doing some heavy editing, the 750 Ti would be plenty for accelerating encoding which is pretty much the only 'intensive thing' you'll be using it for. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Maxwell is actually quite powerful in professional applications

Yeah, it's like NVIDIA unlocked something with it's new Maxwell architecture that the Kepler architecture has locked thus impacting Kepler's performance.

Yes, I am pretty confident Sony Vegas Pro uses CUDA.

Yes, it most certainly does. :D

@Geekazoid  - I don't know how "well", but yes it'll work fine.

Well I don't do really heavy video editing like 5x multi-video tracks in Vegas Pro. I'm usually doing about 1-3 and then the other tracks are just graphics.

Yeah, it would be the only intense thing I'll be doing. Like I said above, I only do about 1-3 video tracks (mostly 1) and then the other tracks are just graphics and text.

Thanks for your help guys. It's very much appreciated. It really does help. I'm thankful that you all took the time to respond instead of just looking at this thread and moving on, it's greatly appreciated. I try to be so appreciative on here because I believe it helps others to be appreciative and I think that's needed more on these forums.

On another note, I love how quickly you get replies on this forum but I suppose with almost 70,000 members you're pretty much guaranteed to get quick ones. This forum has certainly grown quite quickly. Do you thinks it's got anything to do with Linus? :P

@_ASSASSIN_ | @MrYuriy | @WoodenMarker

I hope I haven't missed anyone out.

265 would be a better option since amd card do well with openCL 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

265 would be a better option since amd card do well with openCL

Hmm...well I need the CUDA performance of an NVIDIA GPU so an AMD wouldn't suit my needs. Thanks anyway.