2DS or 3DS for Pokemon

Maxibonbits

Hey, I was considering buying a 2/3DS solely to play pokemon games.

I can buy a 2DS and the pokemon game for the same price as the 3DS console without the game.

Is it worth getting a 3DS?

I ended up just playing X and Y in 2D mode anyway, even with a 3DS. I felt like there weren't enough truly 3D parts to the game to make it worthwhile.

whats ever cheeper

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

if money is an issue the choice is obvious but if you have the flexibility I would recommend actually holding the 2ds in your hands for a bit to see if you are cool with the feel. 

the only problem that I see on the 2ds is  the form factor, I  just  dont like how is made

but if you dont care about that get the 2ds

Hey, I was considering buying a 2/3DS solely to play pokemon games.

I can buy a 2DS and the pokemon game for the same price as the 3DS console without the game.

Is it worth getting a 3DS?

For me it was either 3DS xl or 2ds, because they were made at same time (after 3ds) so they were higher quality I would've chosen 2ds, but I got 3ds for $50 off so I went with that, also poken in most battles has a 3d effect with the 3d on hopefully that helps

Thanks for all the replies. I'll consider them when I am able to feel the ergonomics at the store.

3dsxl or 2ds. if ur willing to pony up the XL is a fantastic device overall. if not a 2ds is quite good still

whats ever cheeper

we arent talking about prostitutes here we are talkin about a handheld :P

3DS-XL is definitely worth it. Once you use that big screen then try to play on a regular 3ds you immediately miss the bigger screen. 

we arent talking about prostitutes here we are talkin about a handheld :P

prostitutes can also give handheld services

I bought a 2ds for 120$ I'm loving it

The 3DS has much better build quality, and it closes, so the screen might not get scratched as often.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

I'd get the 3DS. It's much more compact and looks better

Case: Fractal Design R4  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Plus  Processor: Intel i7 4770K  GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X  RAM: Corsair Vengenace Pro 16GB  PSU: Be Quiet Dark Power Pro 10 750W  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB   Monitor(s): LG 24GM77  Keyboard: Logitech G410  Mouse: Zowie EC1-A  Mousepad: Puretrak Talent White Ed.  Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud II

The 3DS has much better build quality, and it closes, so the screen might not get scratched as often.

3DS XL and 2DS have better build quality than the regular 3DS. The 3DS feels really cheap compared to the other options.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

• 3 weeks later...

XL if money is not an issue. And for the love of all things good, please consider playing other games. Your purchase will feel more justified knowing that you have Pokemon AND other great games with your system. :D

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.