New Gaming Headset

PapaSimmz

I currently have the Sennheiser G4me Zero and I flat out dont like them. When they were sent to me the ear cups were shmushed in at the top and because it was like that the entire time they were being shipped they are constantly depressed at the top so they dont even fit correctly on my head. In addition to this the lows and bass arent as strong as i would have wanted. Any suggestions in the $250 below price range. I dont have a sound card.

Id prefer wired because i just have more luck with them and it must have a mic on it.

I use the Steelseries Siberia Elite Headset, they're not too bad. The ear cups do cover the ears but it is small. It does come with it's own sound card and a built in extendable mic. Good price for a good headset.

wotm8?

I agree with SSL. Put a modmic on any good pair of headphones, such as the Audio Technica ATH-M50 or some other option. 

Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro. You can put a mic on em.

I agree with SSL. Put a modmic on any good pair of headphones, such as the Audio Technica ATH-M50 or some other option. 

Im sorry but like i said it MUST have a built in mic

Im sorry but like i said it MUST have a built in mic

Must it have good sound?

I currently have the Sennheiser G4me Zero and I flat out dont like them. When they were sent to me the ear cups were shmushed in at the top and because it was like that the entire time they were being shipped they are constantly depressed at the top so they dont even fit correctly on my head. In addition to this the lows and bass arent as strong as i would have wanted. Any suggestions in the $250 below price range. I dont have a sound card.

Id prefer wired because i just have more luck with them and it must have a mic on it.

I think it's just because you don't have an amp. That headphone is 150 ohms and I've heard of someone else complain about the same thing and it was amazing after they got a sound card. You should try a Syba dac/amp first or buy a cheap asus xonar. And if you want to go balls to the wall you can get an o2. 

What's the problem with the modmic? Why in particular does it need to be built in?

I think it's just because you don't have an amp. That headphone is 150 ohms and I've heard of someone else complain about the same thing and it was amazing after they got a sound card. You should try a Syba dac/amp first or buy a cheap asus xonar. And if you want to go balls to the wall you can get an o2. 

Doesn't address the comfort issue.

Why MUST the mic be attached? 

A good pair of headphones with a modmic or ZM-MIC1 is always always a better option,

unless it's for a very specific situation, in which case you really should let us know what that situation is.

Intel Core i7-3770k @4.4GHz. 1.170V - Noctua NH-D14 - 8GB (2x4) G.Skill RipjawsX @1866 MHz. CL8 - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H - Samsung 840 250GB - XFX HD7970 DD GHz. @1125MHz - CM 690 II - Seagate Barracuda 2TB + WD RED 3TB - Corsair RM750X

FiiO E10 - Sennheiser HD 598 - Edifier R1600T - Sony MHC-EX50 - Razer Blackwidow Ulitmate 2013 - Razer Deathadder 2013 - LG IPS237L - Dell P2314H - Philips 237EQPH - LG 47LB561V

LG G2 - HP Spectre X360 - Audio Technica ATH-M50X - Sennheiser IE 60

Steelseries H Wireless supposedly has great sound and a built in mic that is retractable.  Linus did a review on it as well.  They were also just $288 on amazon.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Doesn't address the comfort issue.

Can't have everything especially if it must have a mic. I think the confort issue is either bad shipping (which he should RMA it) or just hasn't been broken in yet. I am a bit confused at what he means the earpads were smushed in shipping though. 

Edit: and I would prefer he didn't waste a lot of money on a new set of headphones because those are actually pretty good. 

Steelseries H Wireless supposedly has great sound and a built in mic that is retractable.  Linus did a review on it as well.  They were also just $288 on amazon.

He said he wants wired and wireless sucks for sound anyway. 

How much you want for the game zero? I'll buy them from you, but anyway I would go with the corsair 1500, very sleek and looks sexy. If you want plain comfortable I'll go with the Astro a40, my friend have them and I wore them and I swear it was like two baby butts on my eyes (hence the saying soft as a baby butt)  

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I would go with the corsair 1500, very sleek and looks sexy. If you want plain comfortable I'll go with the Astro a40, my friend have them and I wore them and I swear it was like two baby butts on my eyes (hence the saying soft as a baby butt)  

Those headsets you mentioned flat out don't sound good so I doubt he would be happy with them either.

Can't have everything especially if it must have a mic. I think the confort issue is either bad shipping (which he should RMA it) or just hasn't been broken in yet. I am a bit confused at what he means the earpads were smushed in shipping though. 

Edit: and I would prefer he didn't waste a lot of money on a new set of headphones because those are actually pretty good. 

I guess that could also be why the bass isn't there, if the pads aren't meeting the head properly that will compromise the sound quite a bit.

He said he wants wired and wireless sucks for sound anyway. 

Where I come from saying you'd prefer something doesn't mean it's a definitive no. Now if he said, "I don't want wireless" that's something different. 

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Where I come from saying you'd prefer something doesn't mean it's a definitive no. Now if he said, "I don't want wireless" that's something different. 

But wireless is so bad for sound that if he prefers wired then there is absolutely no reason to go wireless to spend like 3x more for the same sound quality. 

I guess that could also be why the bass isn't there, if the pads aren't meeting the head properly that will compromise the sound quite a bit.

There was another thread of someone having the PC350 which has the same drivers and said that on onboard, it was really lacking bass but once he got a sound card to get more amplification, they sounded great. 

But wireless is so bad for sound that if he prefers wired then there is absolutely no reason to go wireless to spend like 3x more for the same sound quality. 

That's fair.  It just didn't seem like he had completely ruled it out.  I think you're also being pretty harsh on wireless.  A quality wireless headset will still sound better than cheaper headsets.  They all have their benefits and drawbacks.

That's fair.  It just didn't seem like he had completely ruled it out.  I think you're also being pretty harsh on wireless.  A quality wireless headset will still sound better than cheaper headsets.  They all have their benefits and drawbacks.

I personally think the price for wireless is just not worth it. The members that frequent this subforum will probably agree with me. I doubt the H wireless sounds any better than Pioneer SE-A1000 at $55. The price difference is just too great. 

I personally think the price for wireless is just not worth it. The members that frequent this subforum will probably agree with me. I doubt the H wireless sounds any better than Pioneer SE-A1000 at $55. The price difference is just too great. 

I find it very hard to believe that the sound quality of a $300 wireless headset is that of a $55 wired headset.  I think Steelseries would be called out HARD if so.  You'd also think Linus would have mentioned that in his review.

I find it very hard to believe that the sound quality of a $300 wireless headset is that of a $55 wired headset.  I think Steelseries would be called out HARD if so.  You'd also think Linus would have mentioned that in his review.

Linus did the review based on if you must have wireless. And there are many people in this forum that actually know more about audio than Linus. He isn't the be all and end all for audio. Wireless ruins audio and the Pioneers are a very good cheap headphone so I really do believe that. It's why we never recommend wireless here in the audio subforum. 

Linus did the review based on if you must have wireless. And there are many people in this forum that actually know more about audio than Linus. He isn't the be all and end all for audio. 

True, but I still think you're over exaggerating a little.

True, but I still think you're over exaggerating a little.

Perhaps, perhaps not. I have not heard the H Wireless because I find no need for it but I really doubt it's quality. Perhaps someone that has listened to both can let me know but I don't think there is anyone on this forum that has.