How to change the color of your GeForce GTX logo.

Nicely done!

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

cool. nice to know. cheers  ^_^

but im already going for a green build so im more worried bout the led on the middle of the maximus vi formula :P

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Nicely done!

Oh... My... God... You are a beast! :) Looks really nice.

Very good. 

Thx guy's really appreciate the respons. 

ooo fancy, does the sanding leave it looking weird?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

cool. nice to know. cheers  ^_^

but im already going for a green build so im more worried bout the led on the middle of the maximus vi formula :P

Only one way to find out :P strip it and check it out :)

ooo fancy, does the sanding leave it looking weird?

not if you take a very light grain. Otherwise i think it's gonna look raggy. If you take you time for it and you can keep the smooth finish you can keep it unpainted for a white light.

Only one way to find out :P strip it and check it out :)

on a $500 mobo? no thanks ill wait for someone else to do it. ;)

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

I am very tempted to do the same with my card and have a red LED but I paid a lot and I do not want to mess it up as I would need to pay for a new card.

Cool, always wanted to do this with my 780s

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

on a $500 mobo? no thanks ill wait for someone else to do it. ;)

well what i can tell from looking at some pics of the board i think its just a stickers thats covering some leds. If you take a good look and it is a sticker then its a realy easy mod :) then you don't even have to take 

anything appart. just take a pencilknife and carefully take of the sticker and change it to something you like.

not if you take a very light grain. Otherwise i think it's gonna look raggy. If you take you time for it and you can keep the smooth finish you can keep it unpainted for a white light.

In the odd case that i do get one do you think emery cloth would be a "fine" substitute 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

In the odd case that i do get one do you think emery cloth would be a "fine" substitute 

I think if its fine enough you can use it yes. I know it's used for cleaning metal. I haven't used it on any plastics or anything so try the lightest one you can find and try a small peace first to c the result.

been done quite a few times but nice tutorial 

Thx. True, i got my idea from a picture on another forum. It was just plain white. Can't remember wich one. 

Nice job, I always like to see custom work in a PC.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else tried following this tutorial? I bought the same paint as the OP and followed the instructions, but unfortuately the paint ended up looking all patchy when the light was switched on. Wondering what the best way to apply the paint is?

Thanks!

Oh wow, nice job!

I saw a diff way to change the AMD color name on an AMD card except it's not LED but still looks really nice.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Neat. I think you could also polish it up with a buffing wheel and some jeweler's rouge to make it all nice and shiny. Makes me wish I had a 780 with LEDs. Would go great with my simple backplate mod.

Ugh, Should have gone NVIDIA and air cooling :/

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

• 4 months later...

Is there a risk of wrecking my GPU by doing this? Is there a risk of voiding warranty?

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Is there a risk of wrecking my GPU by doing this? Is there a risk of voiding warranty?

You can wave at your warranty while it goes out of the window after doing this.

Making something sexy brings it's risks.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice