Best fully modular 700-750 watts PSU

shilka

Normally i stick to OCN but i thought some of you here might find this interesting

http://www.overclock.net/t/1482157/best-fully-modular-700-750-watts-psu#post_22109815

Other work
http://www.overclock.net/t/1431929/psu-index-thread

I get asked very often what is the best fully modular 700-750 watts PSU? so instead of answering that every time i am going to make another info thread well sort of.

First off before i begin no i have not reviewed any of these units nor do i claim any credit for it, Its all done by Techpowerup so all credit goes to them. Since Techpowerup does not have reviews for every single 700-750 watts PSU i can only pick the ones they have reviewed which means the Cooler Master V700 is not in thread however sad that might be.

Now the overall winners here is the EVGA SuperNova G2 and the Super Flower Leadex they have the best ripple suppression of them all, And they the second best voltage regulation after the AXi, And they are cheaper then all the others besides the SilverStone and the NZXT. And both G2 and Leadex its pretty much the same price as the Corsair RM. So the winner of best value also goes to the G2 and Leadex

Corsair AXi is second best here its voltage regulation is better then the Leadex/G2 yes but its ripple is nowhere as good and the price its sold at is far too high

Corsair AX760 and the Seasonic X are in the middle here but again the Leadex/G2 are almost always priced cheaper so not really worth it unless they are on sale

The worst of them all is the is NZXT HALE 82 V2 its has the oldest and cheapest platform used the worst ripple and the second worst voltage regulation, Dont buy this one its crap

Second worst is the EVGA SuperNova NEX750G it has the second worst/cheapest platform used worst voltage regulation but ripple is not actually that bad. Dont buy this one either its mediocre and way overpriced as well

Third worst is the the SilverStone Strider Gold S it has third worst ripple but its voltage regulation is only fourth worst. Again not really worth buying its very small size might make up for it somewhat but still not great

Fourth worst is the Corsair RM ripple is the fifth worst just ahead of the Seasonic X but voltage regulation is third worst. Again not the best thing you can buy compared to the 4 best and its priced far too high compared to what you get

i would go for either the AX series from corsair or the RM serires

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

and i care why, just saying everyone that i have ever heard that has had a AX or RM series has really liked it which all that really matters

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

nowhere does he say its a bad PSU, also, he said himself that Corsair still gives 5 year warranty on these PSU's so they have to feel confident about the buildqualtity.... (cant be bothered to quote that but that's what it came down to)

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Corsair RM came in 4th to last in the conclusion that does not mean its bad just that others where better

Rm750 or Ax760(i)

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

Rm750 or Ax760(i)

AXi came in third from the top and the RM fourth from the bottom

Please read the thread dont just post what you think is best

haha you're a king of posts on the other forum before you posted this here i saw your thread just 3 days ago by searching google for the best psu's

lol everyone not even bothering to read the OP. Typical LTT  :rolleyes:

sup, Shilka?

I am fine thanks.

I wish it was not such a major task to recode my thread from OCN, I tried making a copy and the pictures would not work.

So had to make it text based and that kinda defeats the point

Seasonic X 750....fully modular, 80+Gold, all flat black cables.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Seasonic X 750....fully modular, 80+Gold, all flat black cables.

Again came in fourth, and it would have been sixth if the Cooler Master V and Antec High Current Pro Platinum was compared as well

Last 80 plus has nothing to do with quality at all its an efficiency rating not a way to find quality

ame="shilka" post="1873123" timestamp="1397617515"]

Last 80 plus has nothing to do with quality at all its an efficiency rating not a way to find quality

I know? Seasonic is quality though.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

ame="shilka" post="1873123" timestamp="1397617515"]

I know? Seasonic is quality though.

Not saying its not just saying Seasonic has super tight competition from Delta and Super Flower hell even FSP and HighPower and belive it not Enhance Electronics are not that far behind Seasonic these days if not ahead of Seasonic.

If you look at the OP you can see the data for yourself if you dont belive me

Not saying its not just saying Seasonic has super tight competition from Delta and Super Flower hell even FSP and HighPower and belive it not Enhance Electronics are not that far behind Seasonic these days if not ahead of Seasonic.

If you look at the OP you can see the data for yourself if you dont belive me

I believe you. I'm unlikely to notice any of the differences in reality anyway. I posted that power supply because it's what I use and it has been rock solid for the year I've had it.