Is there any red coolant that doesn't gunk everything up?

So I am starting to get a water cooling list put together, and I've been doing some reading up on clear tubing/dyed water or colored tubing/clear water. I would prefer to have dyed water because I like the look of EKs nickel VGA block that is clear on the top, I think it would look amazing with blood red water flowing through it, the issue is I can't find a dye that doesn't gunk things up after some time. Will all dyes eventually do this, or is there a good red dye that doesn't gunk up?

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

not an expert on water cooling but do you mean something like these: http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/x1.html#.U01LwPldV8E

or http://www.mayhems.co.uk/shop2/x1-blood-red-1ltr.html

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

from what i understand

they dyes always separate :(

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

not an expert on water cooling but do you mean something like these: http://www.mayhems.co.uk/front/x1.html#.U01LwPldV8E

or http://www.mayhems.co.uk/shop2/x1-blood-red-1ltr.html

Yeah but will they gunk up the blocks any? It seems to be a common theme that dyes gunk up blocks, at least from what I have read, and I want to avoid that if possible

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Yeah but will they gunk up the blocks any? It seems to be a common theme that dyes gunk up blocks, at least from what I have read, and I want to avoid that if possible

i dont think that it will but i think that @Lays has that kind of coolant in his build, so he would know more than me

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Just an FYI: Red Coolant is most notorious for gunking up (Can't think of a better word although I know there is one) loops. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I'm using EK Koolant "blood red" premix @nixproducer 

@keuden  it's quite good, I had one issue with it though: I switched from blue mayhems coolant, to ek blood red, and i don't think I flushed my loop out well enough, didn't replace tubing either.  After like 2 weeks i noticed cloudy crap in the res, assuming it was leftover blue coolant that reacted with the red stuff.  

I replaced the tubing+ cleaned out everything and it's working perfectly fine now.

Honestly, the whole "gunk up, blocks" is not a big deal at all, it's really easy to clean them if something does go wrong.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

red tubing?

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

Gunk up means something solid leaves sediments on the loop, decreasing flow and performance. A decent red dye won't gunk up, but will dye everything red, because it's a very strong substance. Meaning that you cannot reuse the components with another color.

Go for the Mayhems Pastel red. I have always used Mayhems coolant and have never had any issues with the PC's I build even when using lots of tubing. Just avoid the older Primochill LRT tubing.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

So I am starting to get a water cooling list put together, and I've been doing some reading up on clear tubing/dyed water or colored tubing/clear water. I would prefer to have dyed water because I like the look of EKs nickel VGA block that is clear on the top, I think it would look amazing with blood red water flowing through it, the issue is I can't find a dye that doesn't gunk things up after some time. Will all dyes eventually do this, or is there a good red dye that doesn't gunk up?

just a hint, all dyes and tinted coolants have deposits that can separate and get

trapped in the small cavities and fin arrays of water blocks. red and black are

reported the worst as they are easily identified as "clogging" the systems. some

manufacturers don't separate as bad (but usually a weaker color tint), but they all

separate eventually. the dye is a solid powder and dissolved in a liquid. as time

rolls, the suspension of the dissolve weakens and then you'll find the "tinting" dye

settling to the lowest part of the loop or in highly confining spaces (CPU/GPU blocks).

Red dye is actually in the "try to avoid" category. Of course at first it will work with no problems, but when it comes to maintaining your system after a while you will see that the dye will leave most of its colour on your blocks making it a total pain in the toosh to clean. I mean a real pain. If you really want to go ahead either way just remember what you'll have to go through every time. If you don't want this kind of hassle, then just get coloured tubing and use distilled water with two drops of PT Nuke in your loop and enjoy your system :)

Clean up your system first, make sure to stabilize the coolant pH to near neutral, don't use any plasticizer leeching tubing and any good colored coolant will last as per manufacturer specs. Mayhems has recently created a cleaning kit to help with the same: http://www.mayhems.co.uk/shop2/cleaning.html

Go with blood red tubing? Looks kinda like the water color.

Emmh... Maybe consider killing yourself before you talk to me?

Pople on this forum though some of them had a brain, turns out, no.