Intel Haswell refresh official pricelist published

Hawx

so this is supposed to be an upgrade,,, but i dont see why would anyone with a previous 4000 series buy this

PC Gaming forever...

Ahh Where is that unlocked Pentium? Is it also coming later with the other unlocked CPUs? 

I updated the K-series explanation in the OP to a better one.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

so this is supposed to be an upgrade,,, but i dont see why would anyone with a previous 4000 series buy this

refresh man,not upgrade

Say I wanted one of the i5s from this refresh, or even a normal i7; do I need to upgrade my motherboard or will a Z87 platform run these new chips just fine?

Because is not an upgrade and no one should jump from a 4000 series to a refresh, it's pointless anyways. I don't get it, some people bought a 4000 series last year and they want an "upgraded" version of it already? if I had an Ivy or Haswell cpu I could wait patiently for Broadwell... 

There's no pleasing to some, it's all "annoyed" by this or "annoyed" by that... relax people. ;)

boring names, i would come up with somethign better like:

Intel core i7 Haswell-R Extreme OC

The Devil's Canyon code name is pretty hardcooore! lol

Its-something.jpg

I'm still salivating over the unlocked Pentium. It is literally the best thing you could have, price/performance, for a large Minecraft server. GIEF NAO

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Say I wanted one of the i5s from this refresh, or even a normal i7; do I need to upgrade my motherboard or will a Z87 platform run these new chips just fine?

All your MB needs is a BIOS update to be compatible with these chips. However, the unlocked devils canyon chips will be 9-series only.
Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

3f123a3d-3c9e-4754-9b8a-5bbfeaa934c4.png

Funny how the prices keep going up but not the cores. I really hope Watchdogs its really multi-core intensive so they get behind and do a worthy fucking upgrade.

-------

Current Rig

-------

S is a downclocked CPU for less power draw, T is without integrated graphics

That is incorect.

S is low power draw

T is extra low power draw

P is without iGPU

they have multiple tier of power saving to fit how far you want to lower the performance.

P is less common as they only use it to sell chips with defects on the GPU.

ref:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/processors/processor-numbers.html

Ah didn't know that. thanks

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

Funny how the prices keep going up but not the cores. I really hope Watchdogs its really multi-core intensive so they get behind and do a worthy fucking upgrade.

The prices will be the same as current, the only difference with these chips is a 100Mhz default bump.

More cores will come with Broadwell at the end of the year, this is just a refresh of Haswell.

the i3 4150 will be soo good for gaming

639.gif Is all I have to say about that.......

The prices will be the same as current, the only difference with these chips is a 100Mhz default bump.

More cores will come with Broadwell at the end of the year, this is just a refresh of Haswell.

We already have 6+6 core CPUs with the 3960x and 4960x. The new Haswell-e will have a 6+6 core chip as well and we are supposed to see an 8+8 core with Broadwell.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

We already have 6+6 core CPUs with the 3960x and 4960x. The new Haswell-e will have a 6+6 core chip as well and we are supposed to see an 8+8 core with Broadwell.

Haswell-E will have an 8-core: "For the most demanding of users Intel is prepping an Extreme Edition 8-core, 16-thread Intel Core processor."

841d84fc-6323-4732-82c8-33ae514a13d7.jpg

Huh? Ooooh ok I forget that not all of these processors are overclockeable, I was thinking "100mhz? wtaf just overclock it!"

-------

Current Rig

-------

639.gif Is all I have to say about that.......

Orly.jpg

http://www.hardcoreware.net/intel-core-i3-4340-review/3/

''If you are building a system that is primarily for gaming, the Core i3 4340 will allow whatever video card you use to run at its full potential – there is no need to step up to a Core i5 or Core i7 CPU. The same could not be said for Ivy Bridge Core i3′s, or any AMD APU or CPU we have tested.''

This is great news! Will be upgrading my computer around the time for "Devil's Canyon" is released anyway. I read about "Broadwell" being compatible with Z97 anyway, so IF IF (Key words), there is a good jump in performance between this and Broadwell, then I will upgrade happily. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

CPU: Intel Core i5 2550K @ 4GHz | Cooler: Gelid Tranquillo Rev. 2 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3

GPU: XFX 1GB HD6850 OC'd | SSD: OCZ Agility 3 60GB | HDD: Samsung 500GB | PSU: Corsair HX520W | Case: Zalman Z11+

http://www.hardcoreware.net/intel-core-i3-4340-review/3/

''If you are building a system that is primarily for gaming, the Core i3 4340 will allow whatever video card you use to run at its full potential – there is no need to step up to a Core i5 or Core i7 CPU. The same could not be said for Ivy Bridge Core i3′s, or any AMD APU or CPU we have tested.''

Whoever wrote that article should be fired, and you should be ashamed for believing it. Games are becoming more and more optimized for multiple cores, including more than 4 cores, and are resource hungry enough to need that horse power. Everyone is scoffing at the requirements for games like Watch Dogs and Shadows of Mordor, but anyone who does is just as clueless as you are. They make statements like "that just means it's poorly optimized when the truth is games are finally breaking the old standards that we have been use to for so long.

With the gen 7 consoles on the market finally, developers are finally ditching the dumbed down system requirements. A 4 core CPU, 8GB of RAM and a low to mid range GPU are simply not enough going forward. For current games, many of them do not handle virtual cores as well as they do physical cores. It's why cheaper AMD CPUs perform better in games than they do with synthetic benchmarks that can use the virtual cores of Intel CPUs. I even called out Linus for his comments on saying that an i5 was enough for gaming. Disagree all you want, but you are not fit to even own a computer if you think an i3, or even an i5, are good enough going forward.

i7 2600K @ 4.7GHz/ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Corsair Vengeance LP 2x4GB @ 1600MHz/EVGA GTX 670 FTW SIG 2/Cooler Master HAF-X

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3591491194

Whoever wrote that article should be fired, and you should be ashamed for believing it. Games are becoming more and more optimized for multiple cores, including more than 4 cores, and are resource hungry enough to need that horse power. Everyone is scoffing at the requirements for games like Watch Dogs and Shadows of Mordor, but anyone who does is just as clueless as you are. They make statements like "that just means it's poorly optimized when the truth is games are finally breaking the old standards that we have been use to for so long.

With the gen 7 consoles on the market finally, developers are finally ditching the dumbed down system requirements. A 4 core CPU, 8GB of RAM and a low to mid range GPU are simply not enough going forward. For current games, many of them do not handle virtual cores as well as they do physical cores. It's why cheaper AMD CPUs perform better in games than they do with synthetic benchmarks that can use the virtual cores of Intel CPUs. I even called out Linus for his comments on saying that an i5 was enough for gaming. Disagree all you want, but you are not fit to even own a computer if you think an i3, or even an i5, are good enough going forward.

Who exactly are you to tell people they aren't fit to have a computer if that's what they think?

Why does a i3 performing so well bother you?

Isn't it better for more consumers if the cost to entry doesn't require spending 250+ on a CPU that can game? Isn't it better if a 100 dollar CPU can also do the job?

Take your elitism elsewhere. Maybe one day games will actually be making use of more than a couple of cores and threads at a time, but it isn't happening anytime soon. So I don't see anything wrong with someone using an i3 or i5 for gaming, even going forward.

whats wrong with it ? there are 2 new games in there pretty well optimised,bf4 and crysis 3.and the i3 rocks.and if for you an i5 is not enough for gaming,thats ok,use whatever you want.games are and will be dependant on single core performance and theres nothing you can do about it.so have as many cores as you want,if they are weak,the i3 beats it.also an i3 is not only good for this gen games,but its very good for rpg and mmos,where no cpu from competion gets to it

Upgraded packaging???? THATS THE FEATURE I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR!!!! F*$K BETTER TIM! I WANT PACKAGING!!!!

This is great news! Will be upgrading my computer around the time for "Devil's Canyon" is released anyway. I read about "Broadwell" being compatible with Z97 anyway, so IF IF (Key words), there is a good jump in performance between this and Broadwell, then I will upgrade happily. Anyway, thanks for sharing!

You're pretty much in the same position as me. That's what I have in mind. :P

God dammit I literally just upgraded to a i5 4670 a week or two ago.

This will probably be only 5-10% faster, so don't worry about it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

z97?! X99?! But... but... I thought Z87 motherboards were the latest in consumer intel mobos....  :(

Question: What's the name of the i5-4670k and i7-4770k in this new Haswell-E refresh? also if I buy either, probably the i7 unlocked, will it work on a Asus Sabertooth Z87??