ENHANCE GX-M1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review

nicehat

First of all, let me just preface by mentioning the price and the unboxing. This mouse costed me $15. It was on sale a couple of weeks ago and was posted in the LTT hot deals section by myself. Now onto the delivery of the box. The box came in half crushed and the contents pretty much all loose. The Top and bottom flaps were taped, but looked like they were recently removed. I then got on the phone with their customer support who sounded really friendly and eager to help. They were pretty cool in that they gave me an additional 10% credit back because of the state of delivery. Not a huge sum on a $15 mouse but hey, they get top points for looking after the customer with no hassle. Anyway, lets get this going

Enhance is pretty much a company that no one has ever heard of. I went out on a limb and indulged. Lets take a quick look around the mouse to see what we have. The Mouse itself is pretty small for my hands. However, I got used to it and after a while, I can better tolerate the size. I had to put my ring finger on the RMB edge and middle finger on the right mouse button to have my hand comfortable. It just feels awkward to have your ring and pinky on the side.

IMG_20140415_031001.jpg

The mouse comes with a nice braided cable and gold plated USB connector which is a nice touch for a mouse in this price range. The braided cable is connected under the left mouse button and is therefor offset. I would have liked to see a centered connection here.

IMG_20140415_030940.jpg

The middle mouse button controls 3 different DPI settings which require no software to use and can be switched on the fly. You can chose from 1200, 2400, 3500 DPI settings which are indicated with a blue --> green --> red LED respectively. These DPI settings are more than adequate for me I think. The bottom switch near the sensor controls the LEDs with an on off toggle.

IMG_20140415_031023.jpg

The bottom pads dont look too special, and indeed they arnt. Although they do a good job at providing just enough traction, I dont see them lasting very long, which is expected. The scroll wheel passes straight through the chassis which helps flood your desk with the lighting effects Ill show you later on. 

The back and forth buttons are actually pretty awesome. They are very responsive and give you a nice satisfying click which will make navigation a bit more efficient. 

One of the neat things about this mouse is the LED. It lights up and cycles through 7 different colors. Each color fades into the next to give it an awesome effect on any desk with an LED keyboard. 

IMG_20140415_032123.jpg

IMG_20140415_040332_hdr.jpg

Cons:

• The mouse is a bit on the small side. This might pose a problem for people with big hands. After a while I got used to it
  • The cable is slightly offset because of the open chasis design (not really a big deal..Just trying hard to put a con here)
  • No software control over button remapping, LED colors 

Pros:

• $15
  • Awesome lighting effects
  • It works and a feature rich array which really gives a great mouse at a low cost

My overall thoughts are that my camera sucks. Also, I think amazon has it for $20 right now. Like I said, this is a pretty good compliment if you have an LED keyboard or want some sweet lights on your desk. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

You say "I had to put my ring finger on the RMB edge and middle finger on the right mouse button to have my hand comfortable. It just feels awkward to have your ring and pinky on the side." I would remark that this is the normal and most common way to grip a mouse and that mice that accomodate your ring and pinky finger are more of an exception.

Nice overview though :)

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

This mouse certainly looks great o.0, it has that TRON look, nice review :)

»»» Frankz' X99 System «««                                                                                         

CPU: 5820k 4.6Ghz 1.31v, Motherboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws4 16GB DDR4@3000Mhz, GPU: ASUS GTX780 DirectCUII

SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, HDD: WD Blue 1TB, PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2, Cooler: Corsair H105, Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D        

ring and pinkie on the side, that is how I hold all my mice

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Dem led lights are fine but, my hands are too big for steel series sensi