Heaven's Society - Week 1 (Golden Time)

JLCitadel

This is the thread for members of the Anime Club, Heaven's Society to Discuss Golden Time in.

vfAXr6z.png

Current Anime
Golden Time

Synopsis
Tada Banri, a newly admitted student at a private law school in Tokyo, found himself completely lost after the opening ceremony, trying to find his way to the freshman orientation. At that moment, he ran into another lost freshman from the same school, Yanagisawa Mitsuo, and they hit it off at once. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just on time, there appeared in front of the two a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses. The girl then whacked Mitsuo across the face with the bouquet and handed the flowers over to him. "Freshman, congratulations," was all she said, and then left. The stylish, well dressed, perfect woman that had swung at Mitsuo was his childhood friend, Kaga Kouko. As children they had promised to marry each other one day, fulfilling their dreams. In order to escape from her, Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this well known private college, but now she showed up in the freshman orientation hall. She too had taken the law school entrance examination, catching up with him there.

My opinion - This is an anime that's easily among my top 10 all time favorites. I chose it for the first week because it was something both I and @MyInnerFred recently watched. During the course of the week, members should watch some of the anime and discuss it with others, as well as inboxing me the name of an anime you would like to see listed in polls for next weeks watching.

To kick off the discussion, what do you think of the use of anxiety/memory loss in an anime and do you think it was used effectively? 

Remember to keep revealing posts within spoilers.

Any people who are new are welcome to join by simply sending me an inbox giving a reason why, and I'll add your name to the recruit list. Visit this forum for more information.

Places to watch Golden Time
Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On ep 4, I'm enjoying the series so far. 

What did you think of the first episode? Were you going in expecting something so dramatic? & How did you hear about the anime?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried watching Golden time and it essentially boils down to Friendzone the anime, and initially it was cute and enjoyable while everything was going well for the protagonist and his feelings for the girl are requited, I was happy for them. I got to the episode where he gets a job at a night club and at that point his indecision started to grind on me and I dropped it. He's lucky to have her and he's still fixated on this other girl, I don't like this kid, I don't want to see where this goes.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

I really enjoyed the use of amnesia in this anime. It brought a twist to the usual two guys or girls fighting for the same protagonist and made you feel conflicted in what you wanted the ending to become. Great anime that anyone who likes shows with good storyline.

I tried watching Golden time and it essentially boils down to Friendzone the anime, and initially it was cute and enjoyable while everything was going well for the protagonist and his feelings for the girl are requited. I got to the episode where he gets a job at a night club and at that point his indecision started to grind on me and I dropped it. He's lucky to have her and he's still fixated on this other girl, I don't like this kid, I don't want to see where this goes.

I can see where that perspective was coming from, but to me it was interesting the random situations he kept ending up into. 

I was wanting to figure out if he was really just going to disappear like have his current memories just be gone, and then return to the day he was from.

ENDING DONT READ GOT FAIR WARNING the fact that he ended up getting his old memories, and the mirror she gave him brought back the memories of her, was just a great ending to me, and the fact that you knew Linda loved him too the entire time, and she still did what was best for him

What did you think of the first episode? Were you going in expecting something so dramatic? & How did you hear about the anime?

First episode was good at getting me interested. I expected something good since it was done buy the same writer as Toradora, as for dramatic I don't know lol. A translation group I'm a part of was talking about it about a week ago and they recommended I give it a go. 

I tried watching Golden time and it essentially boils down to Friendzone the anime, and initially it was cute and enjoyable while everything was going well for the protagonist and his feelings for the girl are requited, I was happy for them. I got to the episode where he gets a job at a night club and at that point his indecision started to grind on me and I dropped it. He's lucky to have her and he's still fixated on this other girl, I don't like this kid, I don't want to see where this goes.

I see... bummer, I heard it was a great series though. Do you think you'll ever consider picking it up again? 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I really enjoyed the use of amnesia in this anime. It brought a twist to the usual two guys or girls fighting for the same protagonist and made you feel conflicted in what you wanted the ending to become. Great anime that anyone who likes shows with good storyline.

I agree, i couldn't even make up my own mind on which girl he should be with, or if the feelings that she had for him the entire time were actually "Genuine". I'm usually not one for school centered anime (or normal life) type, i prefer action or adventure, but this anime in itself was its own adventure.

First episode was good at getting me interested. I expected something good since it was done buy the same writer as Toradora, as for dramatic I don't know lol. A translation group I'm a part of was talking about it about a week ago and they recommended I give it a go. 

I see... bummer, I heard it was a great series though. Do you think you'll ever consider picking it up again? 

No, It did to well a job building up there relationship that I can't understand why this kid isn't committed, it's sort of like sword art online for me. (SPOILERS: The first season builds there relationship so well that you want them to be together and they fought for it, they deserved it, if it ended with them together it would have been perfect, but the second season rips that away and it's heart breaking.) In this I want Kaga to be happy but Banri is screwing it up, it's like watching a car accident in slow motion and knowing your friend in the car isn't going to make it out alive.

No, It did to well a job building up there relationship that I can't understand why this kid isn't committed, it's sort of like sword art online for me. SPOILERS: The first season builds there relationship so well that you want them to be together and they fought for it they deserved it, if it ended with them together it would have been perfect, but the second season rips that away. In this I want Kaga to be happy but Banri is screwing it up, it's like watching a car accident in slow motion and knowing your friend in the car isn't going to make it out alive.

Well that's sort of the purpose of it, is to give you an emotional connection to the characters but then upset you by making you not know if they'll end up together so you want to know whats going to happen next.

Ending spoiler again careful ^_^

they do end up together

It took me 3 months to start Alfheim again after the first episode, I just cant handle another roller coaster like that.

It took me 3 months to start Alfheim again after the first episode, I just cant handle another roller coaster like that.

The second season of SAO in my opinion, doesn't come close to measuring up to this.

The second season of SAO in my opinion, doesn't come close to measuring up to this.

Probably because the second season feels tacked on and unnecessary, tell me does this series rap it self up or does it leave the ending slightly ambiguous or is it a final and happy ending that will leave me skipping in joy because if it not the later I couldn't possibly commit to finishing this

Probably because the second season feels tacked on and unnecessary, tell me does this series rap it self up or does it leave the ending slightly ambiguous or is it a final and happy ending that will leave me skipping in joy because if it not the later I couldn't possibly commit to finishing this

I cried tears of joy i was so happy with the ending. it was so amazing.

a

I cried tears of joy i was so happy with the ending. it was so amazing.

Alright, knowing that I might be able to try again in two months or so.

a

If you have a day with no plans, a short anime like this, you can sit and watch it in 7-9 hours. depending on iff you skip intro / outro and recap/preview

a

Just a tip for those who wish to follow along in the anime discussion, it's a good idea to follow the thread (in the top right) so you can receive notifications when people post.

Still watching, my god there are so many twists in this series. Totally didn't expect that turn around on ep 6, feels like something you'd see in a 12 - 13 episode series. Not something you'd expect from a 20+ episode series. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Still watching, my god there are so many twists in this series. Totally didn't expect that turn around on ep 6, feels like something you'd see in a 12 - 13 episode series. Not something you'd expect from a 20+ episode series. 

I definitely saw it coming. Still was so shocking though.

Even in Japanese Watashi wa, anata o aishite imasu gives you chills with the right setting. (Ai shi te ru)

I was about to watch it but can't stand the whole love story thing, will wait for next weeks selection

I was about to watch it but can't stand the whole love story thing, will wait for next weeks selection

She is quite ridiculous I'll agree, hopefully it gets toned down later on in the series. 

It's usually not something I'm very interested in, but I thought it was done extremely well.

She is quite ridiculous I'll agree, hopefully it gets toned down later on in the series. 

You'll see ^_^ it has quite the spin.

It's usually not something I'm very interested in, but I thought it was done extremely well.

You'll see ^_^ it has quite the spin.

I'm on ep 10 at the moment. Spoilers ahead>

Don't read if you haven't seen up to ep 10 yet
cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting-l.pngWhat the hell Linda's decision is definitely not something I would have done. If I knew my brothers potential wife was cheating I'd get evidence and let him know flat out. God damit this show really tugs my emotions around.... ughh... and his ghost came back into his body?! What the hell?! 

cereal-guy-cereal-guy-spitting-l.pngWhat the hell Linda's decision is definitely not something I would have done. If I knew my brothers potential wife was cheating I'd get evidence and let him know flat out. God damit this show really tugs my emotions around.... ughh... and his ghost came back into his body?! What the hell?! 

Lmfao You're in for a ride my friend.

I remember that scene, it was really hard to watch, I was just thinking tear off the band-aid, tell your brother. As someone who has been on the receiving end of that shit I would rather find out from a friend, so that scene wrenched my gut.