Ft-03 mini?

Marvzl1357

Hullo!

What do you guys think of the ft 03 mini (MINI, not normal)?

Is it good or bad for cooling?

Does anyone have experience with it?

What are the pros and cons of the case (other than the ~10" gpu length limit?)

(I'm only looking for m-itx so don't recommend m-atx cases please)

ft03-mini-dimension.jpg

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

As a case, it is gorgeous. But, it's beauty trumps it's functionality.

If you were able to get your hands on an NCASE M1 for a decent price, I would tell you go that way instead. That or a Corsair 250D. Maybe even a Hadron Hydro/Hadron Air if you are so inclined.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Hullo!

What do you guys think of the ft 03 mini (MINI, not normal)?

Is it good or bad for cooling?

Does anyone have experience with it?

What are the pros and cons of the case (other than the ~10" gpu length limit?)

(I'm only looking for m-itx so don't recommend m-atx cases please)

Since it's a tall vertical case, it's perfect for a small desk because it will take the smallest area of any itx case on your desk.

Cooling is pretty good, but only if you use a blower style GPU. You will get horrible temperatures if you use those dual or triple fan coolers out there, you really have to use a blower style cooler with this case.

Pros= looks, small size, very tall, nice aluminum construction

Cons= SFX PSU necessary, limitations for many components, high price

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

If you were able to get your hands on an NCASE M1 for a decent price, I would tell you go that way instead. That or a Corsair 250D. Maybe even a Hadron Hydro/Hadron Air if you are so inclined.

Is the ncase actually available? It looks gorgeous.

there's a build log on hardforum, but I can't find out how to get it

on a side note, if i got a cm 240L, would that be enough to cool 4670k@4ghz+r9 280x@milldly oc? (or 5670k coz that's probably when i'll actually be able to build it)

Is the ncase actually available? It looks gorgeous.

there's a build log on hardforum, but I can't find out how to get it

on a side note, if i got a cm 240L, would that be enough to cool 4670k@4ghz+r9 280x@milldly oc? (or 5670k coz that's probably when i'll actually be able to build it)

Hmm, the cooling is a tough call, but I would say no. Hawaii outputs quite a bit of heat.

As for the NCASE, it is very difficult to get. They aren't officially selling them yet, but they did do their Indiegogo campaign successfully. Preorders are set for the end of this month/beginning of next.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Since it's a tall vertical case, it's perfect for a small desk because it will take the smallest area of any itx case on your desk.

Cooling is pretty good, but only if you use a blower style GPU. You will get horrible temperatures if you use those dual or triple fan coolers out there, you really have to use a blower style cooler with this case.

Pros= looks, small size, very tall, nice aluminum construction

Cons= SFX PSU necessary, limitations for many components, high price

One thing that I kept thinking when seeing the case was "isn't the side panel right up against the gpu fan? so it'll choke it quite a bit?"

but other than that, I could see it fitting my desk perfectly as my desk is quite small.

My first build was a full tower (Cm storm sniper) with a 5850 and i7 920, other than being ludicrously expensive and overkill with the cpu, I've never had more than one gpu & wifi card (sli/xfire not an option #poor :'D)

Since the wifi card is already included with most m-itx boards, I'll only need the gpu.

TJ-08E should have better cooling,

Edit: I skimmed the mini-itx requirement, nevermind.

Both the FT-03 and FT-03 Mini look incredible. I don't mind the SFX PSU requirement, and it's understandable why it takes SFX PSUs since Silverstone currently rules the SFX market.

I don't like the 487mm height of the FT-03, but I guess the Mini makes up for it with a height of 397mm, and the footprint is nice and small. The price is kind of high also, though the Aluminium construction makes up for it somewhat.

FT03 Mini is a great case, and like most other mITX, requires hardware planning before blindly buying. That's the only knock against it, and it's nowhere near as flimsy as the N1 is.

Love it really small great cooling (with blower GPU)

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I didnt know they were even selling it? I thought they stopped making them.