good/affordable 1440p monitors

jake98

Hello,

I am building a PC that includes a GTX 780! I want to enjoy that 780 to its fullest so i cant just game in 1080p. but the system is about to put me in the poor house as it is :P  and i don't really want to spend a whole bunch more money on a display. what are some of the best bang for your buck 1440p or even 1600p monitors.

Thanks,

Jake

We all got left behind.

Get a cheap korean monitor.
Kyle at awesome sauce news just did a review on one.

look up crossover or yamakasi 1440p monitors. they're pretty nice quality.

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

nice!

Get a cheap korean monitor.
Kyle at awesome sauce news just did a review on one.

look up crossover or yamakasi 1440p monitors. they're pretty nice quality.

We all got left behind.

korean monitors in ebay is the way to go :)

try to get one with a matte screen if not out of your budget, they don't reflect as much.

there's also the Asus PB278 for $390, not sure of your budget but I'm personally saving up for this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301135983925?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

No. 720p is for console people.

Right unless on the odd chance the "top of the line" xbox one actually run the flipping game at native 1080p ^_^ lol

We all got left behind.

Right unless on the odd chance the "top of the line" xbox one actually run the flipping game at native 1080p ^_^ lol

Oh it can at 1080p. Just 30Hz.

Oh it can at 1080p. Just 30Hz.

plus this

Pc_629f21_2393371.jpg

We all got left behind.

plus this

Pc_629f21_2393371.jpg

I actually disagree. Clearly you have never played LoL or CS:GO. Large online gaming communities are bad. Regardless of platform. It comes with being huge. That said... XBone and PS4 online communities are pretty crap.

30Hz and 30FPs are not the same

Yeah ik, typo. I was just looking into korean monitors and I have Hz on the brain :P

ya ive only played garrys mod call of duty black ops 2 and a few others they were pretty friendly but the rage intense no matter what the platform still though

I actually disagree. Clearly you have never played LoL or CS:GO. Large online gaming communities are bad. Regardless of platform. It comes with being huge. That said... XBone and PS4 online communities are pretty crap.

We all got left behind.

ya ive only played garrys mod call of duty black ops 2 and a few others they were pretty friendly but the rage intense no matter what the platform still though

Yeah I think that just comes with being huge, it makes the terrible people stand out more while you pay attention to nice people less.

korean monitors in ebay is the way to go :)

try to get one with a matte screen if not out of your budget, they don't reflect as much.

there's also the Asus PB278 for $390, not sure of your budget but I'm personally saving up for this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301135983925?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This is way better than getting a cheap korean monitor...nice find!

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

In my experience Gary's mod is the worst. Lots of admin abuse and complete jerks in almost every server I have played on.

Wait are you insulting people who use 1080p?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

1080p for console people.

Shut the f up seriously ..lol

I noticed you're 14 years old on your profile, explains enough.

ASUS PB278Q is a real winner, you should find it prices upwards of $500 though. 

AOC Q2770PQU I am loving mine to bits, was inbetween the price of the somewhat dodgy Korean stuff and the high priced premium stuff, really good solid stand with high adjust and portrait (also vesa) and a really really nice PLS 1440p 60hz panel

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

not what i meant but some games do play at 1080 on consoles... shittly though i plan on 1080p gaming i just wanted to upgrade later because my graphics card has the capability to play games at 1440p and i realize i'm 14 i'm not trying to be that annoying young kid but i need to know this stuff because im building soon and this is the best information source... I was just making a joke and an uneducated one at that. sorry man

1080p for console people.

Shut the f up seriously ..lol

I noticed you're 14 years old on your profile, explains enough.

Wait are you insulting people who use 1080p?

:ph34r: 

We all got left behind.

on topic: I love my PB278Q. if you can find one on ebay for cheap id pick one up. with that said I would seriously wait for a gsync or DP1.2a(freesync) version of that monitor.

off topic:

I don't play those 2 games for those very reasons(and because they are not very good IMO) but on console every single game is like that.  and that is the reason why I have not paid for XBL or even powered on my 360 in like 6 years.

I would say only playing 2 games with shitty community is impressive considering iv been gaming on PC for over 15 years now. I cant even think of a single 360 game I have played on XBL that was not full of douche bags. 

You seem to have missed the point. They have good communities, but the ton of trash that comes with being huge out-shines the good community.

It's fine..I mean for me, 1080p was a huge upgrade from my 1600x900p laptop and I plan on using it for a while. When 1440ps become the new 1080p then I'll upgrade. And yea, new consoles downgraded to shitty 720p.

P.S. I'm not much older than you but you gotta, you know, act a bit over-mature for your age and be responsible on the internet with 20/30/40 year olds.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

thanks for the tip  ;) sorry if i offended anyone

It's fine..I mean for me, 1080p was a huge upgrade from my 1600x900p laptop and I plan on using it for a while. When 1440ps become the new 1080p then I'll upgrade. And yea, new consoles downgraded to shitty 720p.

P.S. I'm not much older than you but you gotta, you know, act a bit over-mature for your age and be responsible on the internet with 20/30/40 year olds.

We all got left behind.