Painting RAM Cover

So I just ordered a white NZXT H440, and I think it would look SOOOOOOO good to have my RAM match the color of my case. I wish I could have gotten the white HyperX Fury, but I got a reallly good deal on ADATA XPG 1.0 RAM, so I went with that. It has a black PCB, which will go perfect with the black and white theme of my build. But, the cover/heatspreader on it is black. Would there be a way that I can remove this cover and paint it white?

| CPU: i7 4770k 4.3GHz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z87 HD3 | RAM: 8GB A-Data XPG V1 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW | PSU: Corsair CS750M | Storage: A-Data SP900 256GB SSD+WD Black 3TB+Hitachi 250GB HDD | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Networking: Rosewill N900 PCE WiFi Adapter | OS: Windows 10 Pro+Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite | Case: NZXT H440 |

So I just ordered a white NZXT H440, and I think it would look SOOOOOOO good to have my RAM match the color of my case. I wish I could have gotten the white HyperX Fury, but I got a reallly good deal on ADATA XPG 1.0 RAM, so I went with that. It has a black PCB, which will go perfect with the black and white theme of my build. But, the cover/heatspreader on it is black. Would there be a way that I can remove this cover and paint it white?

Yes sir. There should be a built-in way to remove the heatsink.

Painting it won't be hard either.

This is one of the easier mods.

And as long as you're smart with your paint choice, it shouldn't affect the temperature but by ~1°

I'm sure PlastiDip would work great.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Buy white Plasti dip. Cover up the pcb with paper and tape it on to a small part of the pcb with small pieces of electrical tape. There is no need to remove the heat spreaders themselves. And don't worry, plasti dip won't hurt the pcb if it gets on it. I did the exact same thing with my vengeance memory. If you want any more info just ask me and I can help

Buy white Plasti dip. Cover up the pcb with paper and tape it on to a small part of the pcb with small pieces of electrical tape. There is no need to remove the heat spreaders themselves. And don't worry, plasti dip won't hurt the pcb if it gets on it. I did the exact same thing with my vengeance memory. If you want any more info just ask me and I can help

Pretty interested to see how it turned out. You got anything you can show me?

You could, I don't know if it would have a bad impact on temps.

Don't think it should impact it too much. I'm only running them at 1600, not planning on overclocking.

Yes sir. There should be a built-in way to remove the heatsink.

Painting it won't be hard either.

This is one of the easier mods.

And as long as you're smart with your paint choice, it shouldn't affect the temperature but by ~1°

I'm sure PlastiDip would work great.

Care to clarify on what exactly PlastiDip is and where I get it?

| CPU: i7 4770k 4.3GHz | MOBO: GIGABYTE Z87 HD3 | RAM: 8GB A-Data XPG V1 | GPU: EVGA GTX 780 FTW | PSU: Corsair CS750M | Storage: A-Data SP900 256GB SSD+WD Black 3TB+Hitachi 250GB HDD | Cooling: Corsair H100i | Networking: Rosewill N900 PCE WiFi Adapter | OS: Windows 10 Pro+Mac OS 10.10 Yosemite | Case: NZXT H440 |

http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

Everything you need to know is in that link. Also you can buy it anywhere. On that site, Amazon, local hardware store, maybe even Walmart, etc.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I would plasti-dip them in case you need to RMA them.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Pretty interested to see how it turned out. You got anything you can show me?

Don't think it should impact it too much. I'm only running them at 1600, not planning on overclocking.

plasti dip is essentially a spray on rubber. it is completely removable but also durable. Do some research on it(it is really cool and can be used for pretty much anything).

Seeing as you live in the US. you can get it pretty much anywhere for extremely cheap. just check the websites of any local store that would carry any kind of paints and they probably have it.

plasti dip is essentially a spray on rubber. it is completely removable but also durable. Do some research on it(it is really cool and can be used for pretty much anything).

Seeing as you live in the US. you can get it pretty much anywhere for extremely cheap. just check the websites of any local store that would carry any kind of paints and they probably have it.

Ohhh I think I know this stuff. My buddy wanted to use this to coat his car rims. And as long as I cover the contacts and any open PCB on my RAM I should be fine?

Ohhh I think I know this stuff. My buddy wanted to use this to coat his car rims. And as long as I cover the contacts and any open PCB on my RAM I should be fine?

you only need to cover the contacts but seeing as the back pcb looks good anyways you should just leave them and cover then with something.