your school labs's computer hardware?

NickyVida

i7 2600 with Quadro 600s in main Computing labs.

i7 3770 with GTX 650tis in Games lab with dual monitors n shit.

While I enjoy it's speediness, they cleverly used USB 2 only cases for all of them, so my corsair survivor is barely surviving the humiliation.

I'm unsure what's the main reason behind this, but it still takes fucking 3+ minutes to open VS or 3DS Max on these, probably some network bullcrap.

Desktops:

I5

8GB

500GB HDD (Just for OS)

On board video.

Laptops:

i5

4gb ram

500gb HDD (Just for OS)

On board video.

We also have All in Ones and notebook but i have no idea of the specs for them and i never use them as they are so slow. Just to give you a idea the notebooks take 45 mins to turn on.

CPU - I9 10900 | CPU Cooler - Corsair Hydro Series H100x AIO | Motherboard -  Aorus B460 PRO AC | RAM -G.SKILL Ripjaw V series 4x8GB 2666MHZ | Graphics Card - Gigabyte RTX 3070  | Power Supply - Cooler Master 650w  | Storage -  Working on a new Spicy 

Operating System - Windows 10 Pro

High school: Generic HPs with Core 2 Duo + Integrated Graphics (I think).

Uni: Core 2 Quads + Integrated graphics.

Workplace: Xeon E3's w Quadro K2000's

Electrical engineering isn't too graphically heavy :P

My school got rid of their labs and gave every student a laptop. These laptops are frickin' awful. They have some crappy A4 processor and weigh like 8lbs. They break way too easily as well. With 2400 students they spent way too much money on these and they are constantly having to fix/replace them.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

The PCs in our 6th form common room don't have enough RAM to open photoshop and internet explorer at the same time.

I think the CPUs they're running are Athlon 64s.

Some of the better PCs in the school have Core 2 Duos and a large amount have Athlon 64 X2s.

But none of that matters because half the mice and keyboards are broken and the printserver never works

@ our school Science have Intel Atom 1gb ram netbooks :(

Media have custom built machines with i7's, gtx 560's and 16gb Ram all neatly packaged in fractal define r4's 

Pretty fucked up if you ask me.

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHZ - Asus Sabertooth 990FX rev.2 - 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1866mhz - Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Vapor-X edition - Corsair Vengeance C70 - 64gb OCZ vector SSD, 500gb WD Blue - OCZ FAT4L1TY 750w psu - Coolermaster Seidon 240m with Coollab Liquid Pro

When I was in High School all of the computers were low end Dell OEM PC's with Windows XP even when Windows 8 launched. We use to have iMacs but no one liked them so the school sold them and bought higher end PC's for our art department.

Most of the PCs at my school are Dell OptiPlex 745s, school got them with XP and now they are running 7. All have 2 gigs of ram and integrated graphics, they freeze up all the time.

A potato battery.

333 posts!

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

Some Dell pentium 4 junk.

But we all use our own laptops :)

Lenovo y500 ftw

The computers at my school were fairly nice computers. They were Dells with the new Core i5s and Xeons. However, they were slow! This was because they used a program called Deep Freeze to essentially reset the computer to a certain spot on every reboot. So when you logged into the computer the first time after a restart, your profile had to be loaded from the network. Could take five minutes. These computers had Windows 7.

I believe the "new" systems are Dell 960s

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Well, we have several computer labs, and a few are pretty good actually, running Windows 7 and fairly speedy duo core Intel. Then there are the other ones... Windows Vista and painfully slow everything...

I5 3.1 ghz

4gb ram

Gtx 630

Win7

Not sure about specifics- that's all I could get.

All I remember is the pentiums, every single desktop has a pentium

The school issued laptops my high school have are the 2013 Macbook Airs with an i5 @ 1.3 GHZ with 8gb of DDR3 1600MHz RAM.  These things suck for three reasons.  Everything is blocked because it's a school computer, they are so thin that I think that the screen is just gonna break off (even though it probably won't), and I don't like OS X that much, so it makes me annoyed when I use it.

One lab has i7 860s with gt 540s and 8 gigs of ram.

Another lab has i7 2600s, gt 640s, 8 gigs of ram, and glorious Dell 1920x1200 ips displays.

2500k | Z68-UD3H-B3 | GTX 570 Classified + Accelero Xtreme III | MX 200 250GB + Seagate 500GB | R4 | Seasonic 660W Plattinum | 8GB G Skill | Acer K272HUL + 2 x Dell P2417H, Rosewill dual mount, HP 22bw | Mackie CR3, ATH-M50X | DAS Keyboard | Mobile: X1 Carbon, Nexus 6P, LG G3, Samsung S5, Nexus 7 (2013)

iMacs with Core 2 Duos ~2-4Gb RAM

Netbooks running intel atoms @ 1.86GHz and 2Gb RAM

and... chromebooks!

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

i5 650 

2x2Gb 1333 DDR3 rams

HD4650 without amd drivers (lags a lot on fireworks ,photoshop ,flash)

1TB seagate hdd running windows7

overall performance is terrible and i also overclocked my own pc to 4ghz something and yet its terrible.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

One room, suitably dubbed the "Mini Mac Room" that believe it or not up until a few months ago, had like the very first mac minis in it (I believe 2005/6).However, this is now fitted out with computers that the school bought and paid for independently. I kid you not. 27" I macs with I7's, 16 gb of Ram with a GT640.

The rest of the school runs either:

I3/I5 with 4-8gb of RAM 

Not too bad all things considered...

Case: Corsair 460X RGB bby, CPU: I5 8600K, Motherboard: MSI B360M PRO-VDH, RAM: 8GB Hyper X 2400MHz , Graphics Card: GTX1060 6GB, PSU: Corsair RM750x,

Cooler: BEQuiet!  Pure Rock Slim SSD: Kingston 240GB, HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda