Dual 550ti, or single $300 card?

I already have a 550ti and I can run games at around 30 fps med settings but I want to bring my frame rates to 60 fps on med settings (1080p screen). Should I get another 550ti or sell my old one and get a brand new (or last generation) $300 card? What cards should I get? I like both AMD and Nvidia but I am looking for price to performance and I don't care much for extra features. Please note that I am on a limited budget.

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

Grab a 770. Its about $330.

You can max out any game at 1080p usually, 60fps

Diamond 5 in League :)

300 card so r9 280 but i would save up a bit more and get the 770

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Definitely a single $300. A GTX 760 or 770 will blow 2 550 Tis out of the water.

Its also funny because 3 480's are up to par with a 770 I think.. and a 480 is definitively better than a 550ti

Funny how the 480 used the be the most "powerful card on the planet" at one point.

Give it 5 years and that is how we will look at the Titan Z/ Titan Black Edition. 

Give it 5 years and that is how we will look at the Titan Z/ Titan Black Edition. 

cewf cewf, dont forget the 295x2.

Single $300 card. 550Ti's are really out of date.

Setup: i5 4670k @ 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100i Cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB Ram @ 1600 Mhz, MSI Z87-GD65 Motherboard, Corsair GS700 2013 edition PSU, MSI GTX 770 Lightning, Samsung EVO 120 SSD + 2TB&1TB Seagate Barracudas, BenQ XL2411T Monitor, Sennheiser HD 598 Headphones + AntLion ModMic 4.0

The Titan was in my eyes for a while

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Funny how the 480 used the be the most "powerful card on the planet" at one point.

? Context? 

The Titan was in my eyes for a while

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you mean in your eyes for a while? Use complete sentences. 

When I first got into computer hardware the titan was the best GPU out at the time, so now that time has passed i can some what understand what he was saying about the 480.

I don't see what's complicated about it.

When I first got into computer hardware the titan was the best GPU out at the time, so now that time has passed i can some what understand what he was saying about the 480.

I don't see what's complicated about it.

That is not the same thing. Today a 480 is about equal to a R7 260. A Titan is 10% slower than the fastest card on the market. 

That is not the same thing. Today a 480 is about equal to a R7 260. A Titan is 10% slower than the fastest card on the market. 

I don't think you understand. I'm saying the Titan was the best gpu in the world when it came out, to my knowledge, and now it's slowly falling further and further behind. That's it.

the 400 and 500 series are bottleneck on Vram this days <_< i recommend sell it friend 

Get the MSI R9 280X Gaming http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FR6XPL8 for around $300. It will give better performance than SLI 550Ti's and use much less power. 

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO, ASUS Maximus VII Hero, i7-4790K @ 4.5GHz, Corsair H100i, EVGA GTX 980Ti SC, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2X8GB 1866Mhz CL9, 2X Crucial M500 960GB, EVGA SuperNOVA 1050 GS, ASUS ROG Swift PG278Q w/ nVidia 3D Vision 2

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake